Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

2 Week Tour; Chiang Mai, Hoi An & Thai islands

• beckyflood81

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2006

Hello,

I'm probably being really cheeky here, but I am planning a 2 week holiday with a friend and any help or suggestions about anything/everything would be very gratefully received.

Ideally, we want to do a 1 day trek (really just want to have elephant ride and have a go at bamboo rafting) in Chiang Mai, spend 3 or 4 days in Hoi An to give the fantastic tailors some work (!) and then have 5 or 6 days to relax in one of the Thai islands.

We are planning to arrive in Bangkok during the second week of March and suppose we need to make our base there, so any suggestions for accommodation there, Chiang Mai, Hoi An and any of the islands would be a big help. We are on a medium budget. We are happy with a CLEAN hotel/guesthouse with aircon. A swimming pool would be great and of course we don't mind paying a bit extra for that.

If anybody knows what airlines would be best to use, please let me know as we will be flying Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hoi An and a Thai island. I assume all flights will have to begin and end in Bangkok.

The names of a trekking tour agent in Chiang Mai, a tailor in Hoi An and a Thai island for a bit of relaxation, pampering (and of course partying when we want it!) are all things we are looking for.

I know this is quite a long list of questions, but if any of you have time and you think something is worth mentioning, I will be delighted to receive it.

I have been to Thailand & Vietnam before, years ago, and my friend and I are just hoping to skim a trip, fitting in all of the above.

Thanks for your help, suggestions and time. Much appreciated.

Thanks a mil,
    Becky :)

#1 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 14:38

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.