Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Need Idea When We Are in Patpong Area

• mukapecah8

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2006

Hello,

Read from the net telling us many stories about Patpong.Some love it and many are not ...especially regarding with touts, drag ppl money out - major threat while in Patpong.

However, I am planning to experience it myself to see this nightlife area. I plan to go there just by myself alone, as i travel alone.

So any recommendation from all of you...the way/trick/guide that can help me or the rest who are 'JUST' want to see (ping-pong) it WITHOUT doing more extra mile (rent a girl, overcharge, etc).
    At least, when you are there, and experience it, you are in save position (in the same way get a minimum risk) as you can and avoid the danger.-

help us out. thx

#1 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 01:39

• Advertisement

• 4015c

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2006

A good site to check out is thaivisa.com, the forum there will probably have any answers to your Patpong question. My basic advise would be go and enjoy it, but stay away from any bar that offers anything for free, there will always be a catch, either overinflated drink prices or perhaps strait extortion before you are allowed to leave. I never experienced any of the above while in some dodgy places in Bangkok and Phuket and enjoyed the shows without hassle, Granted I am a big guy so that may help but I just politley refused things I didn't want and had no problem. I enjoyed going to the go-go bars and hanging out with the girls, buying them a few drinks and chatting them up. Other than a few wanna take me homes, most would play a few games, chat a while or if it was slow that night just party( as long as you pay). I say go for it and just beware, if you don't feel right about the place you are in just leave, if you see quite a few Farangs in the bar you are probably safe, if just girls and surly bartender/bouncer types I would turn around and go somewhere else as there are plenty of places in Patpong and Soi Cowboy to go. Have fun and be safe.

#2 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 02:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Patpong Area Accomodation ... By jenperry on 3 Nov 2007 3 1904 2 Dec 2007