Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan

• Jen32

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2011

Hi,

I have booked travel to Koh Samui & Koh Phangan for early May, and I am wondering if I should just wait it out and see what happens or if I should change my itinerary now... any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 4/4/2011 - 23:10

• Advertisement

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

Why would you change your itinerary? If that is where you want to go then go.

#2 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 03:01

• Jen32

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2011

Wanting to go is one thing, being able to go is another. I am trying to get input from anyone who might be down there and might have an idea what the conditions are actually like.

#3 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 03:30

• guernseydan

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2010

On Samui

Was floods a week ago, worst in 10 years but now its 32 and sunny!

In May who knows, as far as flood damage is concerned, it only really effected locals and there businsess's and some people couldnt leave the islands due to roads being blocked by water and damage!

However it was still possible to leave by boat if you had your own way of getting there, ie riding a scooter in the rain

no problem for holiday makers safety wise, apart from a week of **** weather and a few days without water and electric!

#4 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 11:07

• Jen32

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2011

Thanks guernsydan!

#5 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 21:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
ko samui/ko phangan travel buddy sept 3rd-14th? ... By traveller123 on 18 Aug 2009 2 2822 20 May 2010