Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel from Pattaya to Phuket by Bus

• sharmapushan

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

Hi am planning on travelling from Pattaya to Phuket on 14th April by Bus since it works out cheaper than the flight. I saw on the internet that bus departs Pattaya at 18:00 hrs and takes about 14 hrs to reach Phuket. Since this is the peak season I wanted to make reservations for the same. Anyone has an idea about where I could make an online booking??

Pushan

#1 Posted: 7/4/2011 - 00:30

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

Exactly how much cheaper is the bus than flying? Really. How much? I ask because it would have to be a great deal of money for me to pick the bus over the flight. You can take a bus from Pattaya directly to the airport for the flight too.

There are definitely times when taking the bus is a better or the only option. But I'm not sure that Pattaya to Phuket is one of them, given the number of relatively cheap flights available.

To answer your question, I'm not sure you can reserve a bus ahead of time online. Most of the time it is a walk-up kind of thing. Where are you right now? If you are already in Thailand, stop by a travel agency and see if they can book ahead for you.

One last thing. Your April 14 travel date puts you dangerously close if not already smack in the middle of the Thai New Year (Songkran) water festival holiday. Buses, planes, trains, and donkey carts will be chock full of holiday travellers. If at all possible, you might want to travel a day or two earlier in an effort to avoid the crowds, congestion, and inevitable roadway fatalities that typically accompany that weekend. Good luck!

#2 Posted: 7/4/2011 - 04:14

• sharmapushan

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

Thanks for the advice. I am travelling from India (Bombay) on 12th April for Thailand. Will be visiting Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui n Bangkok. And yes I realised that Songkran is right there in the middle of my itinerary. Lets hope for the best. Don't wanna be stranded at a bus station due to lack of tickets

#3 Posted: 7/4/2011 - 14:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.