Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Honeymoon planning....

• Sparkle

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2007

We're marrying in April, and are now planning our honeymoon - to be approx 3 wks, starting from about 21st April. I know about the New Year celebrations and will book as soon as we have decided where... which is where you wonderful guys come in.

We are debating a package vs DIY travel.... flights from UK no problem, but I'm wondering about the internal travel, and how easy it is to organise it all.
    Our idea is:
    Bangkok - maybe 4 nights ( I think from reading thru messages is enough)
    Chiang Mai - again maybe 4 nights
    Koh Samui - maybe 4 or 5 nights

We don't want anywhere which is too much travel - ferrys etc ...and don't fancy Phuket (too touristy). I was thinking about Krabi, or similar?
    Or Any views on Koh Chang?

Any views gratefully received.... bit green here!! We want bit of culture, bit if nightlife but not too much not neccessarily beachy holiday as we live in Spain all year around, elephants, massage (although not by an elephant!),
    Sparkle

#1 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 23:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Sparkle,

Welcome to Travelfish & congratulations!

If you're not arriving till the 21st that puts you after the Songkran (Thai New Year) celebrations, so that shouldn't be too much of a concern -- I'd lean towards DIY rather than a package -- primarily because you're not planning on covering too many spots.

First, I'd suggest looking into the Bangkok Airways Discovery Airpass as at US$55 per coupon it's pretty reasonable value, especially if you're going to Samui.

As a honeymooning destination both Krabi and Ko Chang offer some great spots -- though without knowing what kind of budget for accommodation you're considering it is difficult to make specific recommendations.

Try to work your elephant and massage requirements into the north -- Chiang Mai, or if you want to try something further off the track, Pai is a terrific spot with some romantic hidden away spots...

#2 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 09:40

• Sparkle

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2007

Hi Somtam and thanks for the welcome and congrats! We're busy planning a biker wedding so its all go this end - so the honeymoon is foxing me a little.

Thanks for the Airpass link - I've printed it all off and will read carefully.... where can I get one of these - we live in Spain so I'll need to get via Net beforehand.

I've been reading up on Tripadvisor about hotel reviews which has put me off some of my first choice hotels... but if DIY'ing it I'll relook at prices direct - but our budget for the 2 of us is £4k sterling, or 6k euros. I know the flights are about £1k from London so that leaves us a good chunk - we'd like some luxury treats as well in there.... I'd picked out The Landmark in Bangkok, - got great reviews, and The 4 Seasons in Chiang Mai.

I'll read up on Pai too....

Many thanks again
    Sparkle

#3 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 17:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Help Needed With Honeymoon Planning ... By marshalmissy on 22 Jul 2013 1 1157 22 Jul 2013
Honeymoon Planning, Weather in May ... By lars6685 on 14 Oct 2008 4 2255 17 Oct 2008