Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 week trip itinerary...ideas?

• Jills37

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011

I'm flying to Singapore tomorrow and then on Monday plan to fly off to Thailand. I was planning on heading to Chiang Mai first and after that I'm not sure! I'm in search of sunshine and meeting other people (I'm in my mid 30's) so not exactly wanting to get down with the kids at full moon parties! Would like to see / do some cultural stuff to mix up the beach life - a lot of people have recommended going to Cambodia for a few days then back to Thailand to do beach/ Island.

Does this seem a lot to do? Also with the recent floods in Ko Samui and the monsoon season kicking off I'm at a bit of a loss as to which islands to look at. I'm also potentially interested in doing a PADI course and i know there are some islands that are really good for this.

I'm travelling on a mid range budget so working on about £50 p/night - so any accommodation recommendations would also be great. Thanks!!

Any thoughts / advice all gratefully received!!!

#1 Posted: 14/4/2011 - 03:24

• Advertisement

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

You already seem to be formulating ideas. Try this: just go!
    When you get to Chiang Mai plan to be there a couple - few days. You will probably meet some folks to chat with. Research Angkor Wat. if it seems like something you want to see then go. If not spend more time checking out places like Sukhothai or Ayyuthaya. Stop in Bangkok for a couple of days at a good guesthouse and listen to the tails coming around. People will be coming back from and going to islands. The monsoon time is a misnomer. Newbies hear that and get all nervous when most of the time it is an hour of rain a day. The recent floods were unusual at this time. You can PADI on the east or west side. Don't lock yourself in..just flow! April is usually a hot time so stay cool!

#2 Posted: 15/4/2011 - 10:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
ideas for a 3 week trip to laos ... By angela_dolan1 on 5 Jul 2006 4 2208 5 Jul 2006
Two week trip Itinerary: Help! ... By loststranger on 7 Sep 2012 4 1057 13 Sep 2012
Itinerary for 2 week Vietnam trip early March ... By cat77 on 13 Feb 2012 3 2527 26 Feb 2012
Itinerary for 7 week trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia - advice wanted ... By plawhon on 9 Nov 2007 6 5341 1 Dec 2009