Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Volunteering flood relief

• inners_pace

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2011

Hello all, my partner and I are currently in chiang mai, with about two months more in SEA. We would like to know if anyone could provide contact information for any people/organizations through which we could help in any capacity to rebuild or improve the lives of those who have been affected. I have been trained as an emergency medical technician in the states and he organized relief efforts in Haiti following the earthquake last year. Any contact numbers or emails would be very helpful. We are also interested in other volunteering opportunities working with orphans/refugees/etc. maybe teaching English, manual labor or whatever, that don't require a fee. We are set to return to the states mid-June but would definitely be able to stay longer if we were to find a way to fund our stay here while doing some good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
    -nakhter

#1 Posted: 15/4/2011 - 22:06

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Maybe give World Vision a shot. They are quite busy in Thailand and have offices in North, Isaan, Bangkok, and in the far south. All their contact info is here ...

http://www.worldvision.or.th/contactus/index.htm

#2 Posted: 16/4/2011 - 22:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flood relief southern thailand ... By inners_pace on 16 Apr 2011 0 2456 16 Apr 2011