Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Cheapest way to Bangkok

• jonny_lewis7

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2011

The cheapest flight I can find is about £320 from Heathrow to Bangkok, with one stop over in India. Just wondering if anybody else, preferably, but not exclusively from the UK has been able to get there for any cheaper by any means of travel?

#1 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 00:09

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Maybe check Air Asia ex-Stansted, and if flying (direct) to their hub in Kuala Lumpur there are promotional fares starting at £249 (base fare £148 + £101 "airport charges & fees").

You can check their base fares (without tax etc) on http://www.airasiaplus.com then book online at http://www.airasia.com. Of course it depends a lot on your intended date of travel.

#2 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 01:46

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

That is actually not bad...

#3 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 02:00

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I don't know when you are going and presumably you are looking for a single ticket.I use
    http://www.skyscanner.net/
    They do a comparison and you can look at whole months or even the year.
    I found one, using them, for £270 on 26th May from Gatwick with TUIfly .Never heard of them but the site is brilliant.

#4 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 02:06

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

330 is a pretty good price though.

#5 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 09:29

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Madmac
    Yes, but he wants the cheapest.
    ..and he's coming from UK.
    I thought you'd be more of a expert on flights from Detroit or Houston or Pensacola.
    ;-)

#6 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 14:25

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Sayadian I ain't an expert on flying period. I hate to fly and I do it as seldom as possible. I go back to the States once every three or four years. And if my mother should die before I do (not a foregone conclusion given my lifestyle) I'll never go back again. I don't miss it enough to torture myself on those trans-pacific flights.

#7 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 17:49

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I have found where you live doesn't always mean you can find the cheapest flights. I have found them for people from many places. Its all online these days with few exceptions.

#8 Posted: 19/4/2011 - 00:22

• stevejames00

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Thats not a bad price. I paid about 400pound (return) from manchester and I got that through STA travel.

#9 Posted: 19/4/2011 - 00:57

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Royal Jordanian were the cheapest the other day for returns but it fluctuates like the stock excange.Use that site I mentioned I found it the best but welcome anybody elses suggestions.
    Madmac
    I had to smile when you said you don't like flying.I believe you were in the military so I expect at some time you must have experienced one of those stomach-churning military landing! You know what I mean, stalling the thing to lose height.
    Bet you enjoyed that as much as I did.
    :-)

#10 Posted: 19/4/2011 - 02:10

• Advertisement

• slapbreeya

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2011
    Location Thailand

I personally think that is a good flight. A few years back i stopped of in Mumbai and it was the cheapest flight i could find. I flew with Jet which are also a good airline and maybe the best food i have had on a flight.

#11 Posted: 22/4/2011 - 13:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.