Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Emirates - flight problems!!!

• rossco

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Has any other members had problems flying with one-way tickets on Emirates??

I am heading to Thailand in July for for a 2month volunteer teaching programme and plan to travel Thailand, Loas, Cambodia and Vietnam after. I'm hoping to secure a job sometime after November, so was planning on booking one-way ticket as I don't have definite time to return to UK. I thought that since I will have a visa secured for my 2 months in Thaoland that this wouldn't be a problem but now Emirates are saying I will not be allowed to board???

Any help would be appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 30/4/2011 - 03:03

• Advertisement

• stevejames00

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Why are they saying you can't board? becuase you don't have onward travel? buy the cheapeast airasia flight which can cost as little as £10 and you should be ok.

Have you bought the ticket yet? I flew with emirates but bought it through STA travel and had free flight changes so I bought a return ticket and changed the return date when I knew I was coming back. I was out for 6 months altogether.

#2 Posted: 30/4/2011 - 03:55

• rossco

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Yeah booking through STA but not gettin free date change or else I would have bought e return. I think my best bet is to get cheap flight Bangkok to anywhere! Get emirates off my back!

#3 Posted: 1/5/2011 - 14:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai visa problems - flying with emirates ... By ehartley on 30 Jan 2013 16 4084 6 May 2013