Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand 1 month. Suggestions?! X

• Dancharles1-

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

Hi I will be in Thailand for 1 month in September this year. I was just wondering where everybody would suggest visiting. I am doing my dive course on ko Tao so that's 10 days. And I am definatley going to chiang mai for at least 5 days. So I'm basically asking what/where else should I go/do??!

#1 Posted: 3/5/2011 - 22:05

• Advertisement

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Do you want to spend the majority of time on the beach or would you prefer a more adventurous trip (trekking etc.)?
    If, like me, you crave the beach, then I'd do your Chang Mai either at the beginning or the end and then spend the rest of the time doing some island hopping! If you're going to be visiting Koh Tao then you probably want to stick to the other islands nearby like Koh Samui and Koh Phangnan (Full Moon Party), which is for the best in a way because during the rainy season they get less rain than the Andaman islands like Phuket, Phi Phi etc.
    It all really depends on what you want to get out of your time...?

#2 Posted: 3/5/2011 - 23:01

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

There are a few other places north of Chiang Mai that you may want to check out - Pai, Mae Hong Son to name a few. So might I suggest giving yourself a few days more in the north to swing through there if you are into that sort of thing. Check out the Thailand hotspot information on Kanchanaburi and Sukhothai to see if you want to check them out on the way up to Chiang Mai as well.

#3 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 05:48

• Dancharles1-

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

Thanks for the quick replies! Yes it's mainly beaches I'm interested in and chiang mai will be at the end of the trip because I intend to travel into Laos after Thailand. Samui, ko phangan sound good. I will be going to bangkok for 2-3 nights is ko samet worth visiting?! And caseyprich I will more than likely go to pai before I leave Thailand. X

#4 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 17:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.