Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand 1 month. Suggestions?! X

Posted by Dancharles100 on 3/5/2011 at 22:05

Hi I will be in Thailand for 1 month in September this year. I was just wondering where everybody would suggest visiting. I am doing my dive course on ko Tao so that's 10 days. And I am definatley going to chiang mai for at least 5 days. So I'm basically asking what/where else should I go/do??!

#1 Dancharles100 has been a member since 14/1/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by rledez1990 on 3/5/2011 at 23:01

Do you want to spend the majority of time on the beach or would you prefer a more adventurous trip (trekking etc.)?
If, like me, you crave the beach, then I'd do your Chang Mai either at the beginning or the end and then spend the rest of the time doing some island hopping! If you're going to be visiting Koh Tao then you probably want to stick to the other islands nearby like Koh Samui and Koh Phangnan (Full Moon Party), which is for the best in a way because during the rainy season they get less rain than the Andaman islands like Phuket, Phi Phi etc.
It all really depends on what you want to get out of your time...?

#2 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Twitter 

Posted by caseyprich on 4/5/2011 at 05:48

There are a few other places north of Chiang Mai that you may want to check out - Pai, Mae Hong Son to name a few. So might I suggest giving yourself a few days more in the north to swing through there if you are into that sort of thing. Check out the Thailand hotspot information on Kanchanaburi and Sukhothai to see if you want to check them out on the way up to Chiang Mai as well.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Dancharles100 on 4/5/2011 at 17:49

Thanks for the quick replies! Yes it's mainly beaches I'm interested in and chiang mai will be at the end of the trip because I intend to travel into Laos after Thailand. Samui, ko phangan sound good. I will be going to bangkok for 2-3 nights is ko samet worth visiting?! And caseyprich I will more than likely go to pai before I leave Thailand. X

#4 Dancharles100 has been a member since 14/1/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.