Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Honeymoon Itinerary for 20 Days

• mjf33

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2011

Hey everybody,

My wife and I are heading to Thailand from June 23-July 13 for our Honeymoon. I am trying to devise an itinerary that incorporates both of our personalities. I would prefer to spend the majority of the trip backpacking from historical site to historical site while my wife's preference is to stay in nice hotels in a beach town. The good thing is that we are both open to dividing the trip between our two preferences. While we want to see a good amount of Thailand, we also don't want to be too rushed since we are just simply there to enjoy ourselves and see the sites.

Here is the tentative itinerary I have so far. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Bangkok - 2 days

Chiang Mai - 4 days

Sukhothai - 2 days

Krabi or Koh Phi Phi - 3 days

Khao Sok - 2 days

Koh Samui or Koh Phangnan - 6 days

My main concerns are the final 3 cities. Does it make sense to break up the two beach towns with Khao Sok? Should we go to Khao Sok first then hit the beach towns? Or, should we leave out Khao Sok entirely and go somewhere else.

Also, is it best to hit Sukhothai before Chiang Mai or after Chiang Mai? I've found flights to be cheaper from Bangkok to Sukhothai so I was thinking of flying from Sukhothai to Bangkok and then from BKK to Krabi.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Michael

#1 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 06:31

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

If you are traveling by land, I suggest you go to Chiang Mai first by overnight sleeper train. I prefer lying down on a sleeper to sitting in a bus/train.

Than you can take the flight from Sukhothai to Bangkok to avoid a long boring bus trip and to take advantage of the cheaper airfare.

If you are taking the plane for your trips between Sukhothai-BKK; and between BKK-Chiang Mai it doesn't matter where you go first as the cost will be the same.

#2 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 16:41

• mjf33

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2011

Thanks. Does anybody have any suggestions as to Khao Sok? Is it a must in Thailand?

#3 Posted: 7/5/2011 - 02:46

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I think Khao Sok should definately be visited, and it is a great way to break up all of your beach time. It is filled with some beautiful natural scenery. If you love the outdoors than this is a wonderful to visit.

If you or your wife do not enjoy hiking or being in the mountains among wildlife then skip it.

#4 Posted: 7/5/2011 - 09:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.