Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best way to carry money....

Posted by Miss_Stead on 4/5/2011 at 20:41

I was thinking of getting a travelcard to load my money onto, is this ok? Or would you recommend another way of accessing my money. Thanks

#1 Miss_Stead has been a member since 20/4/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by rledez1990 on 4/5/2011 at 22:42

Which country do you live in? If in UK, get yourself a Nationwide Flexaccount- you can withdraw money from any ATM in Thailand or pay with it directly, and although there are some local and bank fees, this particular debit card has the lowest charges of any other card plus you'll get an overdraft for emergencies (i've checked!) x

#2 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Twitter 

Posted by gottagetaway on 5/5/2011 at 01:25

Same question, but from a USican

#3 gottagetaway has been a member since 9/2/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 12

Posted by Nixxypie on 5/5/2011 at 02:20

This might help http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/financemoney/6644_fee-free-uk-debit-card-in-thailand---laos---cambodia-

#4 Nixxypie has been a member since 27/4/2011. Posts: 55

Posted by adclesta on 5/5/2011 at 04:55

I've just got the travelex passport globe card I think it's called, a flat rate of 1.4%, not too bad. There exchange rate is not as good as others but its hardly noticeable

#5 adclesta has been a member since 22/3/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by mikehenrie on 10/5/2011 at 14:11

Hello Miss_Stead....

Carrying money to abroad is always a matter of tension....In the old days one have to carry the money with him in the form of cash but nowadays,it is not so...The choice made by you is the best one to carry the money with you...Using a travel-card or the debit card is the safest way to have the money with you...

Mike Henrie.
==========
For villa info click vakantiewoning spanje | vakantiehuis mallorca.

#6 mikehenrie has been a member since 10/5/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.