Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best way to carry money....

• Miss_Stead

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2011

I was thinking of getting a travelcard to load my money onto, is this ok? Or would you recommend another way of accessing my money. Thanks

#1 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 20:41

• Advertisement

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Which country do you live in? If in UK, get yourself a Nationwide Flexaccount- you can withdraw money from any ATM in Thailand or pay with it directly, and although there are some local and bank fees, this particular debit card has the lowest charges of any other card plus you'll get an overdraft for emergencies (i've checked!) x

#2 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 22:42

• gottagetaway

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2011
    Location United States

Same question, but from a USican

#3 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 01:25

• Nixxypie

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2011

This might help http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/financemoney/6644_fee-free-uk-debit-card-in-thailand---laos---cambodia-

#4 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 02:20

• adclesta

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2011

I've just got the travelex passport globe card I think it's called, a flat rate of 1.4%, not too bad. There exchange rate is not as good as others but its hardly noticeable

#5 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 04:55

• mikehenrie

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2011

Hello Miss_Stead....

Carrying money to abroad is always a matter of tension....In the old days one have to carry the money with him in the form of cash but nowadays,it is not so...The choice made by you is the best one to carry the money with you...Using a travel-card or the debit card is the safest way to have the money with you...

Mike Henrie.
    ==========
    For villa info click vakantiewoning spanje | vakantiehuis mallorca.

#6 Posted: 10/5/2011 - 14:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
best way to carry money? ... By JamesHamblin on 9 Apr 2009 2 5452 11 Apr 2009