Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel options across from Thailand Islands to Cambodia

• blakemore88

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2011

Hi,

What are the options travelling from Kao Pha-ngan across to Cambodia.
    Planning on attending Full Moon Party then head across to Cambodia... looking for low budget options - are there boats/ferries travelling across? or is it cheap to fly across from somewhere like Chumphon? Not keen on heading right back up to Bangkok...

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 23:25

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Going back to Bangkok is about your only option. If you fly you'll have to stop in Bangkok. If you go by boat/train/bus you'll go through Bangkok. Even if you head over to Phuket to fly, I believe that you will have to make a stop in Bangkok.

You could always go south from Koh Pha-ngan to Kuala Lumpur and fly from there if you really don't want to go in the direction of Bangkok. Air Asia has some pretty cheap flights to Cambodia.

#2 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 00:36

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

There is also that Bangkok Airways flight from Samui to U-Tapao/Pattaya. From there you could continue by land to Cambodia. But by the time it is all said and done, the extra cost and hassle of that route makes going through Bangkok a better choice in my opinion.

Air Asia used to have cheap-ish flights from Surat Thani to Bangkok and then from there you could easily go overland to Cambodia or connect to another Air Asia flight to Phnom Penh. If you book the flights far enough in advance it should be reasonably cheap and you could be there the same day.

Otherwise, you might look into a ferry/bus/train combo to get you back up to Bangkok and then on to Cambodia. Getting there is half the fun, right?

#3 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 02:08

• asiaindia

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2011

I really dream to go to cambodia,Nice post by the way. It give me more info about cambodia, I also read some post about cambodia and it really help me try also this
    sites "http://www.asia.com/flights-country-info/cambodia"

youll be having more ideas about cambodia Travel

Keep up the good work, ill be expecting more Forum in this site

#4 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 12:37

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The Thai-Vietnam Friendship Bridge is still a pipe dream, so unfortunately pretty much every option involves going back through Bangkok. You could fly relatively cheap on Air Asia as follows:

Dep. Surat Thani 0845
    Arr. Bangkok 0955
    1385 baht

Dep. Bangkok 1525
    Arr. Phnom Penh 1635
    1890 baht

NB these are "Promo" fares only available booking online.
    http://www.airasia.com/th/en/home.html

#5 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 19:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia Islands (Gulf of Kompong Som) or SE Thailand Islands? ... By pucca_girl45 on 4 Dec 2012 2 2251 26 Dec 2012