Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao Sok national park or kanchanaburi?

Posted by Dpullman on 12/5/2011 at 21:08

Our 20 days Thailand trip includes 4 nights Bkk; 3 nights koh Samui, 4 nights krabi; 4 nights chaing mai, and 3 nights chiang dao. We are trying to figure out what to do with the last two nights. We have decided on either 2 nights Khoa Sok ( in between Samui and Krabi, which would save some money as we would not have to fly) or 2 nights Kanchanaburi.( at the end of the trip). our budget is $100 a night. We love good scenary, nature, hiking, etc. We are going in July and understand it will be rainy. Which would you chose and why? Does one of those locations offer something that is not captured anywhere else in our plans?

#1 Dpullman has been a member since 18/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 13/5/2011 at 15:46

Personally I prefer Khao Sok but as you say it will probably be quite rainy which will mean quite a lot of mud and Khao Sok leeches are ferociously hungry even in dry season.

So, Kanchanaburi.

I rented a bicycle when I was there which was a nice way of getting around and seeing a bit of the surrounding countryside as the roads aren't too busy.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.