Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

THAILAND-MALAYSIA-SINGAPORE Itinerary

Posted by izza27 on 13/5/2011 at 09:36

Hi Guys!

I'm going to Thailand this June. Me and my friends are planning to squeeze a train ride trip from Thailand - Malaysia then Singapore on our 2weeks stay.

Can someone please give us tips or advice on how to go about it since this is our first time to travel in Thailand.

Thanks

#1 izza27 has been a member since 13/5/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Thomas922 on 13/5/2011 at 12:59

That is a squeeze literally. You won't see much in Thailand in 2 weeks. Why train to Singapore?
http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

ttp://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Travel-from-Singapore-to-Bangkok-by-Train

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Instagram 

Posted by rledez1990 on 13/5/2011 at 17:03

If you're starting off at BKK, then stay there for a few days, then get a night train down to (I think, so double check) Hat Yai, at which point you could get the 7 hour coach to Krabi and spend a few days there, maybe take a trip to Phi Phi or something, then get the coach back to the train station, take the night train to Kuala Lumpur and spend some time exploring the city, China Town, the zoo etc, then from there its a 7 hour train to Singapore, which you'd wanna do a few days before the end so you have some time to explore Singapore too, maybe go to Sentosa Island?

As I said, I wont be doing the first part of this journey until June myself, but I've done the Hat Yai-Singapore part, albeit in reverse. Try to do night trains as far as possible to save your days for fun stuff, and also to save money that would have been spend on accomodation! Oh, and when i did the trains I always did a/c 2nd class, its a fair bit cheaper than 1st class and very comfortable.
Good luck!

#3 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Twitter 

Posted by izza27 on 15/5/2011 at 13:41

I checked and Thomas922 is correct. It is literally going to be a tight squeeze. I'm trying to convince my friends to just stay in Bangkok for the whole 2weeks.

Can you suggest which places to go? Is it better to go to Pattaya or Koh Samui?
Which is the best beach to go?

I would love to see a lot of places in Bangkok in 2weeks. Which would you suggest to prioritize? I hope to see a Muay Thai fight, Ride elephants and be a beach bum... :)

Is June a nice time to go to Bangkok? I've heard there's this Full Moon Party thing? is it on June 16???

Thanks guys.... :)

#4 izza27 has been a member since 13/5/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by goonistik on 15/5/2011 at 18:05

I suggest you stay in Bangkok for about 4-7 days. That's enough to let you see the most sites, see a muay thai fight, do a little shopping. If there was one thing I'd like to do again in Bangkok is to get a Thais massage at Healthland spa. Pricey but that was the best massage I've ever had. IMHO, two weeks is a bit too long just for Bangkok. You should definitely explore another place.

What kind of beach are you looking for? Are you looking for a quiet place or a party place?

#5 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.