Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket to Phi Phi Don

• livalice

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2011

What is the best and easiest way for a lone traveler to makeher way from Phuket International Airport to Phi Phi Don?
    I will arrive in Phuket at 12.45 pm. How long does it taketo get to Rassada Pier from the airport? And what can I expect the fare to be?
    Should I try to book the scheduled ferry in advance?
    Thanks in advance for the tips and advice.

#1 Posted: 19/5/2011 - 23:20

• Advertisement

• laurenladky

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2011

Hi! You can always take the airport bus for 85 B to Phuket Town and from there you can walk up to any travel agent and buy a ticket to Phi Phi for 300B (includes van transfer to the pier). If you want to do it the easy way, you can just taxi all the way from Phuket airport to Ratsada Pier. I am not sure of the exact fare to the pier but to Phuket Town the fare is 600B from the airport. Ratsada isn't too far from town so just throw an extra 100B on there.

You definitely do not need to book a ferry in advance, and I'm not sure you can actually do that. But, do check times online.

#2 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 10:12

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I use the airport bus a fair bit - very good value. Trouble is it takes about an hour to get down to Phuket town bus station and then you need another ten minutes by motorcycle taxi etc to the pier - seeing the afternoon ferry leaves 1430 you may be stretching it if there is a delay in collecting bags - more if you are on an international flight. And because buses leave the airport at 1245 and then 1345 you could be delayed even more.
    http://www.airportbusphuket.com/timetable.html

I'd turn right out of arrivals and walk 50m to the taxi counter - cost should be around 400 (they will give you an estimate - you pay the meter plus a small airport surcharge), time 35-45 minutes depending on traffic.

#3 Posted: 21/5/2011 - 20:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.