Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Airport to Kanchanaburi

• davidwise

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2006

hello, i'd like to travel from the airport to kanchanaburi, anybody know what bus number is it to get to morchit station? i guess thats the easiest way, then bus on from there? i've tried to find out from the airport website but no joy. thanks.

#1 Posted: 15/1/2007 - 00:07

• Advertisement

• Quero

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

I went by bus to Kanchanaburi a couple of months ago, but not from the airport, so my advice may be only partially helpful. I took a taxi to get to Sai Tai Mai ( the Southern Bus Terminal in Thonburi) where the buses to Kanchanaburi depart from. Taxis in Bangkok are quite cheap, and the metro/skytrain/lrt system doesn't go to Sai Tai Mai because of some bureacratic tangle; note that Sai Tai Mai is supposed to relocate in Feb 07. Bus 503 from Victory Monument goes to Sai Tai Mai, but otherwise the area is poorly served by public transport. Taxi is best.

The next hurdle is to find the correct building (takes a lot of asking)--it's to the right (south) near the main road as you face the complex--across the parking area from the KFC. Next you need to find the right ticket window (again a lot of asking), but go through the round area of ticket windows to a corridor; turn around and face the round area again and the ticket window is to your right in the wall dividing the corridor from the round room.

Hope this helps!

#2 Posted: 15/1/2007 - 10:16

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi David,

There are regular buses throughout the day from the airport's transport centre to Morchit, and from Morchit there are regular buses to Kanchanaburi. As Quero entions there are more buses departing from Sai Tai Mai, but it's a lot further from the airport, and I'm not sure of bus connections from the airport to Sai Tai.

#3 Posted: 15/1/2007 - 11:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.