Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

4 days in Krabi area

• PurpleAlliu-
    ms

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2011

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are spending two weeks in Thailand in November for my 30th birthday. We're spending 3-4 days in Bangkok before flying down to the Krabi area for 8/9 nights. We are going to stay on Ko Lanta for 4 nights but also want to stay somewhere else - preferably somewhere with beautiful beaches, good snorkeling, limestone cliffs and cocktails. We dont want the crazy nightlife of phi phi but happy to be near some bars/music and restaurants. Any suggestions for a great location?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 29/5/2011 - 18:55

• Advertisement

• madian

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2011

I would definitely suggest Au Nang - there is a strip of hotels on the main road that is right on the beach. My husband and I were just there in February - very nice place and not expensive. I really enjoyed the shopping in Au Nang in comparison to Patong - if you don't want the crazy night life of Phi Phi, then au Nang is very nice. They still have several bars and attractions but a little more low key - seem to cater to families more so in this area then some of the other places I have been in Thailand. You can rent a long tail boat and head out to one of the islands for excellent snorkeling. Enjoy your birthday celebration - great place to be.

#2 Posted: 30/5/2011 - 05:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Krabi area hotels ... By kriskeogh on 23 Nov 2011 3 765 28 Nov 2011
Koh Chang or Krabi/Lanta area?? ... By dnev101 on 4 Jan 2013 8 4708 6 Jan 2013
Forest Resort at Ton Sai - Krabi Area ... By tezza on 31 Mar 2007 1 7913 29 Apr 2009