Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Kanchanaburi Trekking

• AndreaGS

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2007

My boyfriend and I are leaving in a few weeks for Thailand and the first thing we want to do is get out into the jungle and do some trekking. We've checked online, but the prices seem a bit steep. According to the Let's Go guidebook I purchased, 2-3 day trekking tours are not that expensive when booked there (and I understand not all companies will have websites and online booking).

Is it pretty easy to just get there and book something for the next day? I'm a bit of a planner so waiting until I'm there makes me a little bit nervous. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 17/1/2007 - 10:56

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi AndreaGS,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Yes I'd definitely leave it till you arrive in Thailand. There's one, two and three day trips leaving out of Kanchanaburi almost everyday and prices very competitive -- no need to book in advance.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 17/1/2007 - 17:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.