Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Cannot decide wheres best to go for peace and quiet

• Ad_Evi

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

Hi All

I am trying to narrow down a beach somewhere to go within Thailand that is nice and quiet (the holy grial right?)

I just want to go somewhere that has air conditioned rooms at a reasonable price, has nice reviews from previous guests (ie not a **** hole), decent food nearby that isn't too expensive and a nice quiet beach nearby not filled with music or drunk teenagers on gap years or screaming children.

Does that exist anywhere?

Places I have been looking into include Ao noi nah, Mook Samed Resort (expensive!)

#1 Posted: 4/6/2011 - 22:07

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Try Koh Mak and Koh Wai (Trat Province), and Koh Jum (Krabi Province).

#2 Posted: 4/6/2011 - 22:22

• Ad_Evi

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

Thanks I will look into these now... Have you been there before?

#3 Posted: 4/6/2011 - 22:24

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes, I've spent a lot of time on these three.

#4 Posted: 4/6/2011 - 23:57

• ayesha

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

You can check out Sai Daeng or Aow Leuk on Koh Tao.

#5 Posted: 5/6/2011 - 15:36

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I would check out Taling Ngam on Koh Samui. There is a review on this website. There are expensive places there but if you want sunset and quiet with no nightlife except the beach bar...it is worth it for a few days. A world away from the bustle. I use the beach and the restaurant at sunset then ride away on my moto.

#6 Posted: 5/6/2011 - 16:22

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I recommend Pattaya - cheap rooms, nice beaches, quiet...

#7 Posted: 6/6/2011 - 15:00

• Ad_Evi

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

Pattaya.... No way! Thats a joke right?

#8 Posted: 7/6/2011 - 02:40

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Ad
    It was indeed. It has got to be the party capital of the world. Whatever it is, quiet ain't it.

#9 Posted: 7/6/2011 - 23:36

• samuijimmy

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2011
    Location Canada

I would agree with Thaling Gnam area of Samui, but resorts fewer and far between..but some nice beaches in the area, where you'll see hardly anyone... except perhaps the odd fisherman!

Ban Tai beach on the north end quiet too... better choices of places on beach or nearby. Maenam beach not too bad, either, could be a little more noisy around some resorts... There are resorts a little bit say 2 to 3 Kms, inland too.

My number one accommodation choice. would be Island View Cabana on Koh Phagnan, north west corner (look for Ko Ma on Google Maps)... Low season prices 500 baht decent basic room with fan, to 1200 baht with A/C fan, fridge and Television. Wifi, ....

Lovely beach, no vendors or music to pester you, well except the massage ladies! You want massage?

All rooms have been remodeled in last two years. Beds good too... I just stayed there last week... Wan Sai Resort next door not bad either... No need for reservations except perhaps in January.

Snorkeling good, although tides low in summer months.

... And I'll add far removed from the Full Moon Party beach at Haad Rin, which is opposite end of KP.

I live on Samui & have lived on KP as well, so know areas pretty well.

#10 Posted: 9/6/2011 - 09:51

• Advertisement

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

We have recently stayed at Cookies's on Koh Phangan, heavenly!!!!

#11 Posted: 13/6/2011 - 17:25

• tori86

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2011

I need some advice. I'm going to Koh Samui in October for a relaxing break. I am aware its rainy season but all the advice on the internet suggest only about 300mm all month. I am happy to have an afternoon down pour and even the slightly cooler evenings but I am worried that relaxing on the beach and sunbathing isnt going to be an option!?!?! Can anyone let me know what to expect. Paid a lot of money for this holiday and am now worried!

#12 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 19:23

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

At best bet October is hit and miss. Many people enjoy sunny days and rainy nights or beirf afternoon showers. You WILL get some sun. The longer you are there the better chance you will get for it. It can be windy. Expect half n half and go for the best.

#13 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 01:18

• samuijimmy

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2011
    Location Canada

I'd agree with Thomas922, it can be hit and miss... later October likely to be not as good as earlier in the month.... every year not "same same"....

Right now it is wetter & cooler than last year, but who knows what will come? At least more rain at night than during the day.

My advice to people is not to book holidays down to the last detail... first or second nights perhaps, but it so easy to move around the Islands or Thailand in general.... if you need too... because of weather or if the place does not reach expected standards... Pictures generally on web sites, generally taken when freshly painted etc!

Koh Phangan, 1/2 hour away, is more likely to have less rain.... than Samui... (usually!)

#14 Posted: 17/6/2011 - 09:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Peace Pub (formerly Peace Cafe) in Phnom Penh? ... By jessieo on 25 May 2009 11 6474 16 Jul 2010