Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

20 days in thailand, please advise on how to spend it!

• parth82390

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2011

Landing at BKK on June 8th, Departing BKK on June 28th.

So far, the only part I have planned is to spend from June 8th until June 17th on Koh Tao and Koh Phangan. Will be diving, snorkeling and taking in island life during this period.

What do you guys suggest to do from June 17th until June 28th?

I was considering a trip into Laos and back to Bangkok, but people have suggested this might be too limited a timeframe to truly enjoy Laos. Do you think I should spend the remaining days on the southern Thai islands? Phuket perhaps? Any suggestions are much appreciated. I am looking to experience a mixture of adventure and relaxation. Any stuff like kayaking, bunjee jumping, jungle trekking, diving, snorkeling, etc would be what I am interested in.

Thanks so much

#1 Posted: 6/6/2011 - 01:48

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Krabi has a paintball field. I've heard it's good. I've also heard Krabi is a great place.

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about jet ski rentals - with people being ripped off for phony damages. As much fun as Jet Skis are, I'd avoid that particular piece of entertainment.

There's kayaking around Phuket, which is a touch pricey but overall a cool place with a good mix of different things to do.

Bangkok has everything (but the sea), and certainly worth some time.

#2 Posted: 6/6/2011 - 22:18

• samuijimmy

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2011
    Location Canada

You'll find Kayaking and diving both on Koa Toa & KP.... (Koa Tao better for diving) although area around Ko Ma has some good snorkeling, although as everywhere coral is in decline... even around Koh Toa... Water levels quite low through summer months... Kayaking better on north end of KP as there are some nice coves etc. ... Koa Toa would be good kayaking about anywhere.

Don't try to do too much moving around to different areas, you'll need another holiday when you get home!... relax and have fun!

Koh Toa to KP is about 1 hour on Lomprayah Ferry, also it's a good way to get from BKK to Chumpon by bus and then ferry to Koa Toa, just get "joint ticket" Should be about 1400 baht for both bus and ferry... one way. Go to Lomprayah office on Kosen Road in BKK, agents will add a fee! VIP Bus leaves BKK about 9 pm... ( Do avoid any long trips in a mini bus!)

As for Krabi, it is about 20 to 30 km from the sea!

#3 Posted: 9/6/2011 - 10:14

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

It looks like you are skipping Bangkok. Why not plan on a few days in Bangkok too and possibly a non- beach destination like Chiang Mai? Why fly all the way to Thailand and skip Bangkok?

Make sure you have enough time between landing at BKK and a departing flight out.

#4 Posted: 9/6/2011 - 18:47

• miangkem

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

If you are interested in Laos, it is very possible to enjoy Laos in ten days, you'll just probably want to choose either the north or south to focus on. You can save a lot of time by traveling at night -- you can take the sleeper train from Bangkok to Vientiane , and you can take a night bus north from Vientiane to Luang Prabang or a comfortable sleeper bus South. Possible itinerary:1. train to Vientiane, two days there to explore the town, buddha park, wat sauna, sunset on mekong, etc. 2. night bus to Luang Prabang, take a few days explore the town and visit the waterfall, it's also possible boat up the Nam Ou to Nong Khiaw or Muang Ngoi Neua. 3. Luang Prabang - Vientiane, stopping in Vang Vieng, where you can go tubing and organize various other otudoor activities, then return to Vientiane the next day and from there return to Bangkok. You won't escape the backpacker circuit, but it'd feel different from Thailand and be very different from the Southern Thai islands, so it might be a better combination with the gulf islands.

#5 Posted: 12/6/2011 - 04:57

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

I would defiantly allow a couple of days to stay in one of many Bkk's luxury hotels- this is a must! Oh my God, when they say 5 star they mean it!!! We have stayed in 5 star hotels for as little as 2000 Bt!! perfect way to prepare yourself for a long flight home and even longer wait for the next holiday! Come to Koh Samui if you miss partying or got to Khao Sok national park to experience the jungle life.Enjoy Thailand!Kseniya

#6 Posted: 13/6/2011 - 17:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
10 days to spend in Thailand - Where to go? ... By jamesb_ on 9 Jan 2012 6 1672 10 Jan 2012
20 days: advice on how to spend? ... By amz155 on 31 Dec 2008 11 1768 5 Jan 2009