Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Lanta in May

• Toro

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2007

Hi,

I am going to Koh Lanta for two weeks in early May. Staying at a resort on Klong Dao Beach. Anyone who has been to Koh Lanta in May, how was it? Especially the weather....
    Will be arriving in the evening (around half past eight) at Krabi airport, will there be any problems getting to Koh Lanta that late?

Thank you!

-Toro-

#1 Posted: 21/1/2007 - 07:21

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Toro,

Welcome to Travelfish!

In May on Ko Lanta you should expect some rain. If you take a look at our WeatherFish you'll see that May is starting to get pretty wet (17 rainy days a month) but it isn't as wet as say August to October.

Bear in mind the rain shouldn't be all-day torrential affairs, but rather heavy, short rainy periods of an hour or two.

If you're arriving at Krabi at 20:30, you won't be out of the airport till 21:00, I doubt you'll be able to get to Ko Lanta that night (though I could be wrong). There's plenty of places to stay in Krabi town then you can get the minibus or boat there the next morning.

#2 Posted: 21/1/2007 - 08:33

• Toro

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2007

Thanks for your reply!

I was on Pukhet 11 years ago in June and had pretty good weather so I hope it won't get to bad this time on Koh Lanta :-)

Got some more questions about Koh Lanta...

In May, are most things shut down or will we be able to find activities like boattrips etc? We are mainly going there to have a relaxing vacation on the beach, but it would be nice to do something else in between....

If anyone have tips on websites I could check out I will be thankful.

-Toro-

#3 Posted: 21/1/2007 - 17:49

• EmjayReet

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2006
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

I highly recommend you do a tour with Sun and Susanna at Lanta Long Tail... it was a highlight of our trip. www.lantalongtail.com

Reet x

#4 Posted: 28/1/2007 - 15:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.