Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai Trekking Companies

• melee75

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Im in Chiang Mai now and plan on doing a 2 day trek in a couple days. I just started shopping around and found a 2 day tour that covers everything for 1000 bhat. The tour company is Chok Chai Tour 23. I can't seem to find any solid reviews on them anywhere.

Has anyone used this company or have advice on which ones are good?

Also, should i book through the hostel or one of the travel agencies?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 13:34

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I really enjoyed my experience with Pooh Eco-Trekking. I don't remember the cost, but it was certainly more expensive because there were only two of us on the trip. The two days were great. Not as much hiking as I may have liked, but a nice stay with a local family near the Myanmar border and very knowledgeable guide.

Pooh Eco-Trekking
    59 Rajchapakinai Rd, Chiang Mai, 50200
    Tel: (053)208-538 Mobile: (085)0414-971
    E-mail: remimin@loxinfo.co.th
    http://www.pooh-ecotrekking.com/Pooh.htm.

#2 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 18:41

• RACHYPF

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

HI HAVE TREKKED TWICE WITH THE GUYS AT EAGLE HOUSE 2 WHICH WAS VERY ENJOYABLE, QUITE A TREK ON THE FIRST DAY WITH A VISIT TO HOT SPRINGS ON THE WAY, OVERNIGHT IN A BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE THEN NEXT DAY ELEPHANT TREK AND BAMBOO RAFTING. DID ONCE IN LOW WATER AND NEXT IN MUCH DEEPER IN NOVEMBER WHICH WAS MUCH ROUGHER, SO GUESSING THIS TIME OF YEAR WILL BE ROUGH SO BE CAREFUL IF RAFTING HOPE THIS HELPS

#3 Posted: 22/6/2011 - 05:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Reliable trekking companies for Chang Mai ... By westphd on 28 Jan 2006 2 1445 30 Jan 2006