Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel Help! Bangkok, Laos, Ko Pha Ngan

• philmill05

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2011

Hi,

I'm starting my year out next April and was trying to get an idea of how is best to travel from Bangkok to Laos and Ko Pan Ngan.

I'm giving myself about 4weeks to do this part of my trip. Is this long enough or too long? Would be flying into and out of Bangkok airport so including how to get back to Bangkok quickly and cheaply would be helpful. Also if people think 4weeks may be too long going into Vietnam would be an option, would this be feasible on a £25-£30 a day budget?

Any help on this would be appreciated greatly

#1 Posted: 27/6/2011 - 02:07

• Advertisement

• teeo88

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2011

i'm pretty much doing the same thing at the end of the year.

flying into bangkok, then flying into chiang rai. bus from chiang rai onto chiang khong, then cross the border into laos. from here, travel from north laos all the way down to south, then head on over back to bangkok then onto koh phangan via buses, trains and ferries.

check my thread for more information:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/laos/14887_bkk---laos---koh-phangan-itinerary-help

#2 Posted: 27/6/2011 - 06:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel Help! Bangkok, Laos, Ko Pha Ngan ... By philmill05 on 27 Jun 2011 2 2120 27 Jun 2011
Travel Help! Bangkok, Laos, Ko Pha Ngan ... By philmill05 on 27 Jun 2011 0 1937 27 Jun 2011