Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai visa in Hong Kong

Posted by iain_macc on 30/6/2011 at 01:53

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so sorry if this post isn't quite in the right place. I'm travelling to China in the summer and my tour finishes in Hong-Kong. From there I plan to go to either Vietnam, Thailand or Laos. I was hoping not to have to make a decision until I was out there, depending on who I meet and there plans etc. It seems possible for both Vietnam and Laos but does anyone know if it is possible as a UK citizen to apply for a Tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Hong-Kong?

Thanks for your help

Iain

#1 iain_macc has been a member since 30/6/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by goonistik on 30/6/2011 at 06:25

Depending on your plans, you might not need to apply for a visa.

You can enter THailand visa free for 30 days, if you enter through an airport. If you cross over the border by land, the visa exemption is for 15 days.

You would need to apply for a visa only if you plan to stay more than 30 days and/or need to make multiple entry and exits.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.