Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok railway station lockers

Posted by gijsvanpelt on 3/7/2011 at 01:40

Hi there. I will be arriving in BKK during daytime, and plan on taking the night train to chumpon. Meanwhile I would like to store my bags at the railway station, is there any accommodation for this? And what does it cost?

Thanx in advance,

G

#1 gijsvanpelt has been a member since 10/6/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by Tilapia on 3/7/2011 at 05:00

Yes, there is a place where you can leave your stuff, but I don't know what it costs.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by wanderingcat on 3/7/2011 at 10:26

see this thread: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/thailand/5502_are-there-lockers-for-backpacks-at-bankok-train-station-

not seen lockers at the train stations that i've passed through in Thailand...it's just not like Japan. but there are left luggage counters, just like at major bus stations & Suvarnabhumi airport. usually have a sign saying 'รับฝากของ' (rap phak khong - think the Thai font can't show up) & easily identified by bags with number tags lined up around/in front of it.

fee depends on size of bag & is on a per bag basis. don't know the rates for Hualomphong but as a guide, at Mor Chit bus station it was in the range of 30-40 baht for a bag the size of a 45L backpack, more for larger items. do take note of the closing time - many do not operate around the clock.

#3 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 3/7/2011 at 16:01

Info from seat61.com

Left luggage
: If you need to leave your bags somewhere, there's a staffed privatised left luggage office at the rear left-hand corner of the concourse.. It's open 04:00 to 23:00 daily, prices 30, 50, 70 or 80-100 baht for a small/medium/large/extra large item per 24 hours, although what constitutes a small or large item isn't specified!

Also note: No Valuables! People have had things go missing, even cash buried deep in their bag. Make sure your bag contains no valuables and is secure.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.