Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Sep recommendations islands/places near phuket (not on )

• jasinorbit

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Hi,
    Got cheap flights in and out of Phuket for September, but not keen to stay there long. Weather is variable - thats fine, but was hoping for recomendations of nearlby islands & places, We have 10 days in total. Was thinking to phi phi then even maybe to koh lanta or Krabi Assume we use ferries/boats as from what i have read these still run during rainy season.

Any suggestions of places you have been, ways to travel, places you stayed would be welcome - even if it is completely differnt to my plans above.

Thansk All!

#1 Posted: 14/7/2011 - 09:42

• Advertisement

• lissie45

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011
    Location New Zealand

We are doing something similar in August. We are looking at Khao Lak (north of Phuket airport about an hour) and Khao Sok national park which sounds amazing and is on the road from Khao Sok to Surat Thani (port for Ko Samui) - govt buses will get you to all of those.

If the whether is particularly wet (sounds like its not at the moment) then we may head south of Surat Thani to the coast in Nakon - seems like there are some nice beaches there that westerners have overlooked.

We went to krabi last year - really nice town (Krabi not Ao Nang) and Ko Lanta is good too - but they will have the same weather as Phuket

#2 Posted: 15/7/2011 - 11:45

• jasinorbit

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Thanks, Sound like some good ideas - let me know how your trip goes. Ill look into those places as well

#3 Posted: 15/7/2011 - 11:47

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I agree that Khao Lak is a good option as no boat is needed to get there. If the water is rough than the boats will not run to the islands and as far as I know many things shut in the rainy season.

#4 Posted: 16/7/2011 - 08:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recommendations for Massage Places? ... By dreamxy on 25 Mar 2013 0 1878 25 Mar 2013
Recommendations on places to stay in Koh Lanta? ... By chonkyt on 18 Mar 2013 2 2304 4 Nov 2013
visiting Australia - need recommendations on places to visit ... By melloluis on 7 Jan 2010 0 1648 7 Jan 2010