Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

How to get from Phuket to Phi Phi

• Elisita

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2007

I am going from Phuket to Phi Phi in two weeks time and I have a few concerns:

1. what is the best way to get from Phuket Airport to Phuket Rassada? (are there any busses, shuttles or just a taxi?)

2. how long does it take? (am I gonna make it to catch a ferry if I land at 12.15?)

3. what are the most recent ferry times and prices from Phuket to Phi Phi? (I have seen at least 3 different schedules)

Thank you in advance.

#1 Posted: 29/1/2007 - 17:55

• Advertisement

• charterboy22

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2006

Hey, I also have a related question. Is it possible to hire longtail or other boats for transport between the andaman sea islands? Especially if you have a group of say 6 people it would seem like it would be cheaper to do that instead of taking the scheduled ferries? Is this easily done or there other reasons not to do this?

#2 Posted: 29/1/2007 - 19:57

• Quero

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

For #1--

1. The best way to Rassada from HKT airport is to take a metered taxi. There is an airport bus, but there isn't a set schedule (you may have to wait an extended period). Besides, the bus will take you to the bus terminal in Phuket Town, not to the pier, so you would still need to get transport after getting off the bus.

2. I think it will be a close thing to try to make the ferry if you land at 12:15, especially if you need to clear immigration formalities and/or have checked luggage. The airport is at the northern end of the island, and the ferry is near Phuket Town. It will take at least 30 minutes driving time once you are in a taxi. However, you could be lucky and things will flow smoothly, including traffic! The last ferry leaves Rassada at 1:30.

3. Ferry schedule: http://www.phukettourism.org/other/boat_time_phuket.htm

For #2--

Which islands? Longtails don't travel very far, so you can get one from Phi Phi don to Phi Phi Ley, for example, or from Phuket to Koh Yao or other nearby islands. But you won't get one from Phuket to Phi Phi because of the distance. You would need to bargain with the skipper to set a price, but expect to pay at least THB 400 an hour and between THB 1000 and 3000 for a whole day of island hopping. The locals use the ferry system, so I doubt you'll do better in terms of pricing for the longer trips.

#3 Posted: 31/1/2007 - 12:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.