Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hanoi to Ko Pha Ngan

Posted by melee75 on 27/7/2011 at 09:22

Posted from within Vietnam.

So I'm planning to go to the Full Moon Party on August 14 and am trying to figure out how quickly I can get from Hanoi to Ko Pha Ngan , in one day if possible.

On August 13 (one day before the party) using Air Asia I know I can fly from Hanoi to Bangkok and get it at around 11am. From Bangkok I can fly into Surat Thani arriving at 3:30pm.

My question is how to get from Surat Thani to Ko Pha Ngan after 3:30pm. I've been researching this but havent found anything concrete saying I can do it.

Am I cutting it too close? Also does the fact that it's Full Moon make it any harder?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

#1 melee75 has been a member since 25/5/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by guava_girl on 27/7/2011 at 09:37

There is a ferry at 6pm that you can catch if arriving on this flight. You will be able to opurchase a combined bus/ferry ticket at the airport. There is also a night boat that leaves Surat Thani town at 11pm and arrives on the island at 4am.

The other option (which is more expensive) is to fly from BKK to Samui with Bangkok Airways and get a ferry over from there.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.