Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Are there Phang Nga Bay Sea Canoe/Kayaking Tours out of Rawai or Chalong?

• mhl2011

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2011

Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I are going to be in Phuket for a week in December (the height of peak season) and we wanted to go on a sea canoeing tour of Phang Nga Bay for a day. We will be staying at the Serenity Resort in Rawai near Chalong Bay for the first 4 days, then at the Belle Resort in Patong for the last 3 days.

I would like to book a sea canoe or sea kayaking tour of Phang Nga Bay while I am there, and I was wondering if there were any such tours departing from Rawai beach or Chalong Bay. All of the tours I have seen online seem to depart from Ao Poh Pier... I was advised not to book any tour in advance, but just to hire someone with a longtail boat to take us to Phang Nga Bay when we get to Rawai, but I would like to do more than just see the bay from the boat. I would actually like to canoe the hongs, etc. Does anybody know if there are such tours offered out of Chalong Bay?

Or, is it easier to get to Phang Nga Bay from Patong? I'm trying to figure out if we should go on the tour during the first half of the trip, or the latter half of the trip when we are in Patong... thank you all so much for any information you can provide~

#1 Posted: 4/8/2011 - 09:41

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best way to tour Phang Nga Bay - depart from Rawai or Patong? ... By mhl2011 on 4 Aug 2011 0 1578 4 Aug 2011
Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga ... By Harry05 on 28 Oct 2007 1 4810 29 Oct 2007