Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Lanta with kids

• racheltanya

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2007

Hi,

We're travelling to Thailand next winter and after spending some time in BKK with friends, we're planning to go on and stay in Ko Lanta. Can anyone recommend accomodation that would suit a family with two kids under ten and two adults who still enjoy a drink and chilled out vibe at the end of the day (that's us . . )? We've got some money to spend, but not a fortune, and wouldn't feel at home on a big resort. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanx!! Rach

#1 Posted: 2/2/2007 - 05:42

• Advertisement

• Loops

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007

hi there

We went to Lanta 3 years ago and it was very child friendly (we've got two who were 4 and 6 at the time and they loved it there).

We stayed at the Lanta Villa Resort on Khlong dao beach which was OK, however we'd probably try somewhere else along there if we went again. There are loads more open since we went so I don't know where to recommend, the Southern Lanta and Royal Lanta both looked nice at the time, although more expensive.

The south of Khlong Dao was the rockier part where the long tails moored, so better to stick to places in the middle and the north if you stay on that beach. The other beaches were also good, but further from the main town (Sala Dan) and the road on the island at that time was terrible (they were talking about putting a new road in, so if they have done that, then there would be no problems getting around).

The whole holiday seemed to be beach based. Most of the bars and places to stay were right on the beach so you could just wander along and have a drink at any of them and actually sit in deck chairs on the sand at some, having your drink and watching the sun set over the Phi-Phi islands. I hope it hasn't changed!

It was actually one of the nicest beach holidays we've ever had and I'd love to go back one day.

I hope you have a great time.

#2 Posted: 21/3/2007 - 09:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Lanta or Khao Sok with kids? ... By kseybold on 8 Oct 2013 1 550 8 Oct 2013