Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Arrive in BKK on the 17th August

Posted by Gary1878 on 10/8/2011 at 01:03

I'm travelling alone and this is my first time.

Would anyone be able to advise how best to get from BKK Airport to Khoasan Road and if it will be easy enough to book accommodation upon arrival or best to book something in advance?

I'm only looking at spending a few nights there before heading to Chiang Mai.

Thanks

#1 Gary1878 has been a member since 11/7/2011. Posts: 6
 Twitter 

Posted by mikethediver on 10/8/2011 at 14:39

Hi,
There are express buses directly from the airport to KSR 150 baht.
Cheaper option is to get to the airport bus station (free bus service) take 511 mini bus to Victory monument & there get a no 28 bus which pasts very close to KSR. There may even be better options from the bus station.

You don't say when you are traveling, so if you are not traveling over the Xmas period, then you don't really need to book. However, it's nice to have a place to aim for & probadly not worth pounding the streets with your bags to look for a place for just a few nights stay.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by mikethediver on 10/8/2011 at 14:42

Sorry you did say when you were traveling, it's in the topic. Sorry. No, you wont need to book in advance in August.

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by sayadian on 10/8/2011 at 17:47

Mike
They've stopped the express bus now.
Gary
I suggest you get the train to Payathai-45 baht.
Just take the lift to the basement station at the airport.
At Payathai you can get a taxi, approx 60 baht( unless you arrive at rush hour which is most of late afternoon/evening.)
By coincidence we will be arriving that day at 19.15 hours so if I can be of help let me know.
As Mike says there's plenty of accommodation only book if you're arriving very very late.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by Gary1878 on 11/8/2011 at 18:04

Mike, Sayadian,

Thanks for your replies. I arrive in BKK at 8:30am, so I have the full day to sort myself out accommodation wise.

I will likely get the train to Payathai and then a taxi as suggested.

Cheers.

#5 Gary1878 has been a member since 11/7/2011. Posts: 6
 Twitter 

Posted by sayadian on 11/8/2011 at 18:35

It's probably the easiest way, you just go down to the basement station.Someone will help you if you have a problem getting a ticket.Actually it's a disc which you tap on the interactive screen to open the gate.Payathai is the last stop on the ordinary train, takes about half hour to get there.There are lots and lots of pink taxis passing, just hail one and they all know KS road. Make sure he puts on the metre though usually they are pretty honest.KS Road is just one big party, great for fun but not for sleep so try and get a place off the road unless of course you're not planning on sleeping.Good luck :-)

#6 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.