Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Arrive in BKK on the 17th August

• Gary1878

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2011

I'm travelling alone and this is my first time.

Would anyone be able to advise how best to get from BKK Airport to Khoasan Road and if it will be easy enough to book accommodation upon arrival or best to book something in advance?

I'm only looking at spending a few nights there before heading to Chiang Mai.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 01:03

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    There are express buses directly from the airport to KSR 150 baht.
    Cheaper option is to get to the airport bus station (free bus service) take 511 mini bus to Victory monument & there get a no 28 bus which pasts very close to KSR. There may even be better options from the bus station.

You don't say when you are traveling, so if you are not traveling over the Xmas period, then you don't really need to book. However, it's nice to have a place to aim for & probadly not worth pounding the streets with your bags to look for a place for just a few nights stay.

#2 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 14:39

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Sorry you did say when you were traveling, it's in the topic. Sorry. No, you wont need to book in advance in August.

#3 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 14:42

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Mike
    They've stopped the express bus now.
    Gary
    I suggest you get the train to Payathai-45 baht.
    Just take the lift to the basement station at the airport.
    At Payathai you can get a taxi, approx 60 baht( unless you arrive at rush hour which is most of late afternoon/evening.)
    By coincidence we will be arriving that day at 19.15 hours so if I can be of help let me know.
    As Mike says there's plenty of accommodation only book if you're arriving very very late.

#4 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 17:47

• Gary1878

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2011

Mike, Sayadian,

Thanks for your replies. I arrive in BKK at 8:30am, so I have the full day to sort myself out accommodation wise.

I will likely get the train to Payathai and then a taxi as suggested.

Cheers.

#5 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 18:04

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

It's probably the easiest way, you just go down to the basement station.Someone will help you if you have a problem getting a ticket.Actually it's a disc which you tap on the interactive screen to open the gate.Payathai is the last stop on the ordinary train, takes about half hour to get there.There are lots and lots of pink taxis passing, just hail one and they all know KS road. Make sure he puts on the metre though usually they are pretty honest.KS Road is just one big party, great for fun but not for sleep so try and get a place off the road unless of course you're not planning on sleeping.Good luck :-)

#6 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 18:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand from July 17th til August 16th ... By caseybln on 3 Jul 2011 1 1874 3 Jul 2011