Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Andaman Wave from Phuket to Koh Pha Ngan - opinions/experiences?

Posted by chriswotton on 13/8/2011 at 19:52

Hey all - have just booked a joint ticket tonight from Phuket to Koh Pha Ngan for tomorrow morning. According to the agent the transfer (or at least the first half, to Surat Thani/Don Sak, when I will likely have to change to another company) is being run by Andaman Wave - have checked out their web site (www.andamanwavemaster.com) but wondered if anyone had any first hand experience? I was very keen to avoid Phi Phi Family after reading advice on here. Thanks!

#1 chriswotton has been a member since 7/9/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 91
 Where has chriswotton been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by guava_girl on 14/8/2011 at 09:33

I am not sure if I have used them but I did use an Andaman something years ago and found them to be horrible. You are better off going to the bus station in Phuket and getting a bus to Surat Thani or arranging for a mini bus to Surat Thani. These run every hour or so and are probably a fraction of the price. Once you arrive in Surat you go to the Phangan 2000 office where you can get a combined bus/ ferry ticket to Don Sak/KP.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.