Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Andaman Wave from Phuket to Koh Pha Ngan - opinions/experiences?

• chriswotton

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2008
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 9
    Places visited:
    At least 50

Hey all - have just booked a joint ticket tonight from Phuket to Koh Pha Ngan for tomorrow morning. According to the agent the transfer (or at least the first half, to Surat Thani/Don Sak, when I will likely have to change to another company) is being run by Andaman Wave - have checked out their web site (www.andamanwavemaster.com) but wondered if anyone had any first hand experience? I was very keen to avoid Phi Phi Family after reading advice on here. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 13/8/2011 - 19:52

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I am not sure if I have used them but I did use an Andaman something years ago and found them to be horrible. You are better off going to the bus station in Phuket and getting a bus to Surat Thani or arranging for a mini bus to Surat Thani. These run every hour or so and are probably a fraction of the price. Once you arrive in Surat you go to the Phangan 2000 office where you can get a combined bus/ ferry ticket to Don Sak/KP.

#2 Posted: 14/8/2011 - 09:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 weeks on the beach: Andaman or Gulf - or both? Opinions appreciated! ... By krisandleo on 3 Nov 2006 3 2056 7 Nov 2006
Andaman Snorkeling away from Phi Phi/Phuket? ... By MichelleMood on 2 Jan 2007 3 2324 4 Jan 2007
Phuket to Pha Ngan ... By indian_gypsy on 9 Oct 2007 3 1439 10 Oct 2007
Phuket/Ko Phi Phi vs. Ko Samui/Ko Pha Ngan ... By annaosully on 22 Apr 2012 3 3769 5 Jan 2013