Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Kanchanaburi...

• potta_boro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

im heading to kanchanaburi tomorrow and like some advice on where to stay, there is 2 of us wanting to spend between 600-800 for the both of us on a decent room, en suit and preferably air con, fan will do! ive been looking a somewhere in my travel guide called 'sams house' thats alot cheaper than ive stated, but any info on it would be good.

Also some activities and where is best to book them e.g elephant treks.

#1 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 16:44

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    Options abound, from 200 baht for a fan room with cold shower to 400 with a/c on the river. Just get to the main street and walk along it no need to book this time of year.

You will be asked if you want to book trips many times a day. Same trip same price. Doesn't matter where you book. Kanachanburi isnt difficult.
    Have a good time.

#2 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 17:53

• Prettyfish16

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2011
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 10

I stayed at Sam's House in May. He's got 2 or 3 places along the river. He is a very nice man and has an email account which he will reply direct to.

Forgive me but I can't remember how much I paid but the bungalow was clean, had air con and I had my own bathroom and tv. The place I stayed had no food on offer but it was ok as there were lots of places to eat along 'the strip'.

Enjoy the visit it's a great place. And, as above, plenty of places offering pretty much the same trips for pretty much the same cost.

#3 Posted: 26/9/2011 - 14:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.