Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling friends from September - no plan, just go with the flow

• Scarlettos

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011
    Location Earth

Hey guys

New to the forum... Am off to Thailand on 6th September, female lone traveller.

Am landing in Bangkok & was going to stay there for a few days then head down South & do some island hoping, haven't really got a plan as such, not sure whether that's a good thing but hey, we shall see :)

Am hoping to eventually teach English over there for a year once I've settled down after a month or two so not restricted to a time frame.

Would be fab to meet up with some like minded people, or people that maybe have a plan & fancy hooking up with a 26yo London girl for a beer or two.

Seeing as this is a first backpacking trip for me, let alone by myself, it's all a little bit daunting if I'm honest, am ridiculously excited but would be great to travel around with some kool people.

Let the good times roll & bring on the buckets :D

Scarlett x

#1 Posted: 20/8/2011 - 02:00

• Advertisement

• Love2Backpa-
    ck

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2011
    Location Canada

Hey Scarlett,

I'm also new to the forum and I am embarking on a one-month solo trip through Thailand starting in Bangkok on Sept.1st. I'm 27 and live on the west coast of Canada. I don't know if I will still be in Bangkok on the 6th, but if you are heading to the September 12 full moon party, let me know because it sounds like you would be fun party with! :)

Bring on the buckets is right! lol

Rod

#2 Posted: 22/8/2011 - 15:36

• Scarlettos

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011
    Location Earth

Hey Rod

That would be pretty epic! Drop me your email add & we'll deffo keep in touch :)

Deffo up for some Full Moon action :D

#3 Posted: 22/8/2011 - 19:35

• Love2Backpa-
    ck

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2011
    Location Canada

Ok sweet! I can messaage you if you Login and go to the Member Profile section and change the following: 1. Set "Messaging" to "enabled" 2. Set "Profile" to "Public". Then I will PM you my details.

#4 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 00:32

• Scarlettos

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011
    Location Earth

Done :)

#5 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 03:24

• jayK88

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2011

Hey Scarlett, my name is Jonny, I am 23 from north london and am planning to travel to thailand in about a week. My only plan is to have the experience of a lifetime! It would be great to meet a friendly face out there, go for a few drinks, parties, attractions, whatever! great to see other people in the same boat as me. I have no general plan. Let me know

Jonny

#6 Posted: 29/8/2011 - 13:11

• Scarlettos

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011
    Location Earth

Hey dude

That would be wicked, what day do you fly? I leave next Tuesday 6th... Land in Bangkok Weds evening

Email me on scazzatron@gmail.com & we'll hook up :)

Scarlett

#7 Posted: 29/8/2011 - 20:22

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Going with the flow is absolutley the right idea, especially if you have no deadlines.
    Interested on how you plan on getting a job teaching English - care to expand a little?

Enjoy!

PS I will not be at the Sept 12th Full Moon Party haha

#8 Posted: 3/9/2011 - 05:06

• alli303

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2011

Hey there Scarlett and others,

just got to Thailand after spending a year in Australia. I'm on my own as well, planning on travelling south east asia for as long as my money lasts me. Go with the flow sounds good as I dont really have any precise plans either. But yeah, be good to have people to meet up with, hang out and get some drinks. I'm stuck in Hua Hin till wed, 7th. for a family thing, and i'm probably heading to ko tao after that to do a scuba diving course (5-6 days?), not sure yet, then ko phangan.

Anyone interested in getting together for a few drinks on phangan or wherever, let me know! :)

Alina

#9 Posted: 4/9/2011 - 13:16

• Scarlettos

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011
    Location Earth

Hey Alina

I land on Wednesday evening, I spoke to a friend on Koh Tao today & he said that if I want to go to the Full Moon Party on Monday, I need to get down on to the islands as quick as possible so will be heading down South on Thursday now if you fancy joining me?!

Drop me an email on scazzatron@gmail.com & let me know.

Would be great to hook up :)

Scarlett

#10 Posted: 6/9/2011 - 00:27

• Advertisement

• alli303

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2011

Hi Scarlett,
    sorry for late reply! I just got to Koh Tao and its amazing here! Where are you now? I'll be heading down to Phangan on Sunday, hopefully just in time for fullmooning! Do you now where on Phangan youre gonna stay yet? Whats you plans from then on? Let me know if youre still keen on meeting up, we could head down to Krabi and Koh Phi Phi together if youre interested! Have a blast,

Alina

#11 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 16:45

• nate_key

Joined Travelfish
    8th September, 2011

hey guys,

am also travelling alone from north west london. currently on koh tao doing muay thai for the next 2 months but fancy doing a bit of backpacking to vietnam, laos and cambodia maybe. also thinking about heading to full moon on the 12th or whenever it is.
    anyone who's heading over to phagnan from koh tao around then let me know or if you fancy doing some backpacking from this area across to vietnam etc or even just a cheeky beer on koh tao!

my facebook is nathan.key@hotmail.co.uk if anyone wants to get in contact about any of this. cheers :)

#12 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 17:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
23M travelling Thailand with a 'go with the flow' plan Sept 11 ... By jayK88 on 29 Aug 2011 3 1230 6 Sep 2011
plan it out? or just go with the flow...? ... By jaclynt on 2 Jun 2010 6 1812 8 Jun 2010
travelling friends ... By emily2310 on 18 Aug 2011 3 1373 19 Aug 2011