Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Smoke in Chiang Mai

• kara_12

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2011

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering if the last week of Feb is a good time to travel to Chiang Mai (23-27th)? Is the smoke bad at this time?
    If so, if the first week of April a better time to go?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 21/8/2011 - 10:33

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

The smoke? Do you mean from the burn season? The effects of the smoke from the burn season are small enough as not to be consequential unless you have very sensitive lungs.

#2 Posted: 21/8/2011 - 14:26

• kat_thailand

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

february is a very good time to visit chang mai... it is considered the cool season with very low rain (average 1day per month) and not too hot temperatures (you may even need a light jacket in the evening)

try to avoid April or May as it can be almost unbearably hot and humid

#3 Posted: 22/8/2011 - 20:34

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Ket
    Good advice, until you got to the following:

"try to avoid April or May as it can be almost unbearably hot and humid"

It is never unbdearably hot or humid in Thailand. It just doesn't get that hot or humid here.

#4 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 00:15

• kat_thailand

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

well i'm thai and i can assure you that sometimes it's pretty hot and humid in here :-)

but of course that's very subjective... i just assumed that for a western visitor April/May would be too hot especially if she's planning some treks

#5 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 15:53

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

I guess having lived for a couple of years in Africa and Saudi, I don't see Thailand as all that hot. One day in the Ogaden, it reach 55! It was roasting.

#6 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 16:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Smoke in Chiang Mai ... By brody33 on 2 Feb 2013 4 2976 6 Feb 2013