Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

which islands in september?

• joinfant

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2011

Hi everyone!

In 2 weeks I am leaving on a trip with my wife to Thailand, but we are still not sure about which places we should visit. We will not have too much time to visit the islands, just around 7 days, so I would like to make a good decision about which ones I should definitely go.

Reading on several blogs, it seems that because of the weather, September is not the best month to visit Thailand, specially the Andaman part. Because of that, I'm thinking about visiting only the eastern part, Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao. I would like to ask for your opinion. Do you think I should change some of these places for some islands on the west? I have heard that Krabi is awesome as well. Please let me know which places you believe we should definitely go.

Thanks for your help!

Jose

#1 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 12:59

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hey Jose - here is everything you need to know about Thai weather in September: http://www.travelfish.org/weather/thailand/september

If you are only there for seven davs, I would keep to the islands you mention on the east coast (Koh Tao, KPN and/or Samui). Forget about trying to get to Krabi - you will lose too much time.

I would also focus on two islands at the most of that 7 day period. My personal favourite would be KPN followed by Koh Tao - but it depends on you are looking for.

#2 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 15:33

• joinfant

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2011

Hey busylizzy, thanks for your help! Taking a look at the link you sent me, it seems that southeast is by far the best option for us. I will take your advice and concentrate on two out of the three places I mentioned. I will do some more research to see which one seems to be better for us.

Thanks again!

Jose

#3 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 23:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.