Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Dec 2011

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey there, 26/m planning to travel to Thailand during the month of Dec. I certainly don't mind any adventurous activities along the way. Possibly planning to visit a few places.Looking for a travel buddy or buddies. Hit me up if you're interested.

#1 Posted: 27/8/2011 - 22:06

• Advertisement

• jarmeyer

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location United States

Speedy I'm planning on arriving in Thailand in December as well. I'm not sure what you have planned but I'm thinking of spending a week in Bangkok and then heading out do do some island/beach hopping. Get back to me if that sounds like something you would be interested in.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2011 - 22:16

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey there!

I too shall be in Thailand in Dec. My dates are not exact yet as i shall be in India first. I defo need to be in Bangkok for 5 days (i think!) to do a massage course at Wot Po (did i spell that right?!) But it would be great if you want to meet up when im done. I'm not too sure how long i will stay either as i will be heading to Cambodia.basically i have no plans set in stone! But give me a shout if you still need a buddy! x

#3 Posted: 29/8/2011 - 20:31

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hi there, I am heading out in Dec and will arrive in Bangkok on the 18th or 19th of December. I quite fancy a few days in Bangkok, then head South to the islands, and make it to Koh Phangan for the Xmas and NYE full moon parties.
    I won't be leaving Thailand until the 14th Jan though so really want to see what I can see inbetween Xmas and new year, and after new year too. I'd love to go tubing in South West Thailand and see some of that side of the cost too.
    I'm up for meeting up with folks that would want to have some company for the same kind of things if anyone else does? :)

#4 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 04:37

• Halfcast

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011
    Location New Zealand

Hey Rita,

We are going to the full moon party aswell, have you been there before? would love some tips on accom if you have .

Cheers

#5 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 06:25

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hiya, no, I've never been before, but a lot of friends have and said that I need to be there to experience those parties! :)
    I'm going to spend this weekend questioning one of them that has been, and will relay any useful info I get though!

#6 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 12:23

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

I was there in June for the full moon party. It's advisable to get a hotel/resort on the beach so that you can recuperate and also get ready for the party but most hotels during full moon party week expect you to stay for at least 5 nights.What can I say? It was really an awesome experience and I wouldn't mind doing it again in December! :)

#7 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 19:38

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey Jen, which part of India would you be travelling to? I've been to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan but Bangkok would be a totally new experience!

#8 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 19:41

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Speedymeany, I am doing a one-month massage course in Nov down in the south. Karela? Kerala?! lol i forget how to spell it. And then i'd like to take a flight up north to see the sights, maybe two weeks up there. I've also been to Thailand before and been north and south! I shall be in Bangkok a for 5days training probably, so have my afternoons free :o) But maybe there are some things to do around Bangkok too? Could be fun!

#9 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 22:55

• jonny85

Joined Travelfish
    18th April, 2011

Hey all! i arrive in bangkok 12th december,there for a week maybe then heading to samui on the 20th-27th then onto phagnan 27th-3rd got double bungalow booked in both places,would be cool to hook up to do some sightseeing,tanning and of course the best beach party in the world NYE!

#10 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 03:04

• Advertisement

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey all, I'm planning to go to Chiang Mai and make my way down to Bangkok and to Koh Phangan for the Xmas parties! Plan's not set in stone yet though. Who else is planning to go for the parties?! :D I'm sure it would be fun if we all could party together.

#11 Posted: 12/9/2011 - 22:02

• explorer2012

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2011
    Location India

Hello all,

I will be also in Thailand during those period.I'm from Kerala,India. was in Thailand on last december as well.had a wonderful time and going back to kohpangan for yet another full moon party!!! would like to catch up if u guys are around,cheers

jey

#12 Posted: 12/9/2011 - 23:44

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hi again all,

I am happy to travel down to the islands with someone!
    Always good to have a bit of company and banter on the journey. :)

I'm arriving in Bangkok on the 18th Dec, got 2 nights booked there (although if there's more things I'd like to see then I may stay an extra night). And then I'm going to get the night train down to Koh Phangan - I've been told by friends that have visited before, that you meet loads of people on the train as it has a 'party carriage' at the back!!
    Sounds fab!

I've also got a double bungalow booked for Koh Phangan - unfortunately the minimum booking period was ten days, so I'm there from the 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan. Although I'm planning on visiting the other islands round about it for day trips, or even random nights, inbetween Xmas & NYE. :)

So if anyone fancies some company - give me a shout!! x

#13 Posted: 12/9/2011 - 23:58

• Halfcast

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011
    Location New Zealand

Hey Rita,

I was just going to fly from bangkok to ko phangan, have you heard good things about the train? how much is it and how long does it take?

#14 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 02:55

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Flights are over £105 to Koh Samui,, but the train is £32...and supposed to be great fun!
    I think it leaves at 18:30 and gets in around noon the next day.. :)

#15 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 03:37

• ladyj

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2011

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147706355269710 watch out for this con-man goes by the name of TJ Knight now

#16 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 05:35

• Halfcast

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011
    Location New Zealand

That does sound pretty fun, a party carriage! Only negitive is how long it takes but is definatly a cheaper method of travel..

#17 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 05:52

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey Rita,

I would be in Bangkok around the same time I suppose and planning to head down to the islands as well. I've not heard of the train before.When I was in Bangkok last week for a few days, I only met travellers going by coach down to the islands.But a train ride sure sounds fun especially with the party carriage! 10 days minimum?! When I went in June, it was only 5 days. I really wouldn't mind some fun company going down to the islands by train!

Anyone interested, drop me a private message or something :)

#18 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 08:16

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Well, my application to volunteer and help out on Cambodia got declined this morning, so i have an extra month to play with out in Asia, and no plans for xmas/ner year! So count me in for this exciting trip down south! x

Explorer 2012, i'm meant to be going to Kerala in Nov for a massage course. What is it like there?! x

#19 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 15:30

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey people,

It's gonna be amazing if we can all go on this trip down south! I'm excited already!

#20 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 18:53

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Me too! We should def all meet up. The overnight train is pretty cool stuff. I did one to go north a few year ago, so if its not full its so much cheaper.

#21 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 19:22

• explorer2012

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2011
    Location India

Hello jen,kerala is extreme southern state of India its very beautiful and full of greenary.its a coastal area,so got gorgeous beaches,back water,hill station etc.have u heard abt "ayurveda"?since ur intrested to do masage course try to do it in KOTTAKKAL ARYAVYDYSALA" its where the origin of ayurveda from.enjoy ur trip!!!

#22 Posted: 13/9/2011 - 23:16

• rosie24nurse

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2011

hey ill be heading over to thailand for the full moon party for new year- most likely flying into bkk from delhi.
    i went last year and accommodation gets booked up really quickly but last time we stayed about half an hour away from the party- was a really nice place and we just got a bus ride on the night of the party for a couple hundred baht. Cant wait!!!! :)

#23 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 17:17

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

I was staying over at Neptune's Villa. 5-10 min walk from sunrise beach, if you are drunk,probably an hour lol.
    I was over at sunset beach. The sunset was really beautiful and everyone should take a moment to catch it.
    Where's everyone staying this time?

#24 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 20:51

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

I haven't planned to stay anywhere or booked anywhere, was kinda hoping to find somewhere when i get there.....am i taking a big risk?!

Explorer2012, i will be doing a one month ayurvedic massage course at the School of Ayurveda & Panchakarma in South Bazar....?!

Rosie, i shall be going to bangkok also from India around the 14 dec i think :o)

#25 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 22:10

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Yeah Jen, it does get quite busy in the week leading up to FMP especially since it will be the Xmas party and NYE party. But we probably could get away with booking about a month or so before.

Let's all meet up in Bangkok and go on the crazy train ride down South! :D

#26 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 22:36

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Sounds like a plan - I'm staying in Leela beach, 10 - 15 mins walk south or Haad Rin!
    Eeek! Super excited!!

If you guys want, email me your fb names & I'll start a group? x

#27 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 23:40

• explorer2012

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2011
    Location India

Jen, I have no idea about the ayurvedic school,but it is located in my home town, just 3 km away from my home.well when are you heading to Kannur(south bazar) then???

#28 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 02:42

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

That's a great idea Rita! A facebook group would be cool.What's your email add? I am beginning to see that this FMP is one for the books! :D

#29 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 06:06

• Halfcast

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011
    Location New Zealand

Hey Rita the group sounds awesome, full moon party cant wait! http://wwwblank.gif.facebookblank.gif.com/blank.gifmarcusblank.gif.sos

#30 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 06:15

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

I'm not sure if I've found the right person!!!

I'll start a group/event... I can't seem to pm any of you for some reason? How do you activate private messages??
    You can email me on suzif(at sign)live.co.uk if it isn't working on here... x

#31 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 18:21

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey Rita,

Yeah,you gotta tweak your settings a little to allow private messages. You could check it out in the help section! I'm guilty of doing that as well! :)

#32 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 19:43

• mattyoliver

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2011

Hi all, Myself & a friend are also travelling in Asia in December and would be cool to meet up with some like minded people. Im 22 from Manchester England, my plan is also to go to Southern India first (fly out December 3rd) - maybe stay for 10 days & then fly to Bangkok and do some diving and check out some of the islands I've not been to. I'm planning on staying in Thailand or maybe visiting cambodia or laos again... I've got just under a month to play with.If anyone wants to add me on facebook - search for 'Matt Oliver' and my profile picture is of me on the beach in Koh Phi Phi Thailand - cheers

#33 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 19:54

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi again,

Rita, i'll email you and tell you my fb name.

Speedy, let me know when you book then, and mabye we can stay in the same place or int he same area.

Explorer, i am planning to arrive on the 28th Sept if i can get a flight then from KL, and i will be down in the south for one month and then head north (Can't go to India without seeing the Taj now can i?!)

Matty, ive added you on fb

Oh and Rita, defo make up a group if you can, great idea!! xx

#34 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 23:05

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Cool - well you guys can just add me on fb via my email address and send me a wee pm on there so I know to add you to the group that I'll set up, that would be fab!!
    Looking forward to it sooo much!!

Email is: suzif(at sign)live.co.uk

Thanks folks
    Suzi (I don't use my name on here as I've been contacted by some weirdos before! Yuk!) x

#35 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 23:45

• explorer2012

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2011
    Location India

Jen, u should visit "Taj mahal",if ur not coming bk to India again.india is a big country u need few more month to explore.
    it has been raining in south bazarfrom last few months,so if ur landing before november bring necessary stuff for monsoon.

I'm planning to visitthailand on 3rd week of december,wht abt ur plan?i was in koh pangan on last december,this time i wanna visit phuket kophi phi etc.may be one more full moon party who knows???

my face book id is " jithesh kallen"

add me who ever gonna be there on december!!!

#36 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 04:30

• Halfcast

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011
    Location New Zealand

You need to enable the private messaging through the settings of you account.. heres the link that will help you!

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/aboutus/10489_private-messaging-on-travelfish

#37 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 04:52

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Thanks, done I think! :)

#38 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 04:56

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey people,

Jen: Alright, I'll go look around and tell you about the place

The group's up, so if yall are interested in the group just add Suzi.

:D

#39 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 09:38

• Moli

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2011

Hey Speedy!..i was in Thailand for 2 weeks last May - island hopping, went to Phuket,
    phi phi, koh samui and krabi... its was fabulous..did so many activities
    tried rock climbing in Krabi at Railay beach, will go back to thailand
    anytime..... once you guys have your dates let me know..i might join too

#40 Posted: 18/9/2011 - 16:44

• flookie

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2011

Hi...

Me and a friend are going to be travelling around Thailand from December 10th....would love to meet up with people along the way.

Do you have a Facebook group we can join?

Nikki

#41 Posted: 18/9/2011 - 19:47

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Nikki,

The more the merrier! Some of us will be there a few days after you it seems, but you are more than welcome to meet up with us :o)

If you want to add me on FB, i'm Jenny Palmer (in a purple dress holding a boquet next to a guy) - lots of me on there i heard! and then we can add you to our little event :o)

#42 Posted: 19/9/2011 - 01:37

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey all,

Rock climbing sounds good, Moli. How much did you have to pay for that?

I'm so looking forward to the islands and I'm hoping the rain doesn't spoil it cause it's pretty close to monsoon.

Yeah, the lady with the flowers. She's actually got a wish to become a flower girl but alas,she's old.

Cheers guys! See yall in Thailand! :)

#43 Posted: 19/9/2011 - 10:57

• Mariola

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Hi everyone, I'm going to travel to Thailand for one month from June 5th December to January, then I'll go to India three weeks.

My goal is to travel and enjoy and if it can be in good company.

I have read that some of you will do a massage course, sounds good! ...

Have you created any group on facebook?

Greetings to everyone, I hope to hear soon from you.

Mariola

#44 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 11:08

• seatraveler

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2011
    Location United States

Hi All, I was just starting to plan the Thailand portion of my trip and will be heading to Bangkok 1-2 weeks before Xmas. I'd love to meet up with some people if everything works out.

#45 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 13:09

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Mariola,

Yer in Thailand i am going to Wat Po to do a basic 5days Thai massage course, sounds fun! And i have booked a one month course in south India to learn Ayurvedic (damn did i spell that right!?) massage. At Wat Po its open 7 days a week i have found out so it means you can start which ever day you like and its from 9am-4pm. When will you be there? you wrote a few months down there, seems a bit confusing! lol x

#46 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 21:30

• Mariola

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Hi JenP,

I will be in Thailand 1 month, from 6th December to 6th January and in India from 6th January to 6th February. Iwould like to do a masagge course but only 1 week, I wanna travel around the India.
    Which are your dates?.
    My facebook is Mariola Pc.....is better!

See you in facebook

#47 Posted: 24/9/2011 - 08:39

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Mariola,

I think i have added you :o) But my dates are: Nov in India for just over 6 weeks and Thailand for around a month from Dec 12th-ish! And i hope to do my Thai course the day after i get there. Chat to you on fb x

#48 Posted: 24/9/2011 - 17:36

• wkarnes

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2011

Hi there! First post..

I also will be in Thailand around Early December as well. Staying indefinitely for a month or two before taking off to Cambodia/Laos/India. Traveling alone and would love to meet up, whether it be on the Islands, or the train ride down. I may end up training north from Malaysia, but nothing is solidified.

Is a facebook group made at all for this? Sounds like a good time. Let me know!

Weston

#49 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 16:05

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Weston,

Add me on FB abd ill invite you in :o) Sounds like you might be heading along my route a bit, although i'm going to India in Nov before Thailand.

Im Jenny Palmer on FB wearing a black dress, blonde hair stanading with my friend. If you cant find me let me know

Jen x

#50 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 20:35

• wkarnes

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2011

sounds good Jen! Looking for ya now... From Perth?

#51 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 21:36

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

no, from the UK, Chelmsford

#52 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 21:38

• wkarnes

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2011

sent you a PM. I guess my facebook searching skills are lacking :)

#53 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 21:54

• helen6987

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2011

is anyone going to the beach party at ko phangan on NYE? me and my boyfriend are going and dont know if you needs tickets or if you just turn up! and also which beach it is on!

#54 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 22:20

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Well the party is on Haad Rin and Helen, you don't need tickets. You basically just turn up but right now you gotta look into getting accomodation on the island as alot of places are getting booked up!

#55 Posted: 26/9/2011 - 10:47

• XmasCocktai-
    ls

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2011

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am also travelling to Thailand on my own. I arrive 20th Dec and leave on 13th Jan. Can I please join your facebook group? I am very excited but also nervous about going on my own. I am 24year old female and looking to experience as much as I can! Would love to chat with some of you & share ideas etc. X

#56 Posted: 26/9/2011 - 19:29

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Xmas cocktails,

Add me on FB, Jenny Palmer (black dress, blonde hair, standing next to a brunette girl, Chelmsford, UK) and ill add you in. Let me know its you when you add me. We are heading down south on the train on the 21st dec x

#57 Posted: 26/9/2011 - 19:36

• StephJayne1-

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Hi Guys,

I'm too planning to travel to Thailand on my own this December (arriving 10th for 4 weeks). Never done any kind of travelling before so slightly daunted by the thought of going on my own, would deff be good if i had some people to meet up with. Also not really too sure where exactly I want to go, just want to see and do as much as possible in the 4 weeks I have, but definitely planning on going to NYE FMP!!

I'm a 20year old female from Bournemouth, England...
    Add me on facebook or pm me if you wanna meet up while we're out there!

http://www.facebook.com/Stephjayne165

#58 Posted: 27/9/2011 - 00:41

• sophie1234

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2011

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sophie and i'm a 21 year old from Sydney. I'll be coming to Thailand too and would love some company! Have been a little bit worried about going on my own! I'll be in Phuket from the 6th -18th December and would love to find some companions! If anyone would be interested in hanging out, let me know :)

#59 Posted: 28/9/2011 - 18:47

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Hey Steph & Sophie,

Well it's my first time travelling alone as well! Not to worry :) You've got plenty of company in us. Add me on facebook and I'll add you to the little group/event we got started up. It's gonna be awesome having so many people on this trip. Let's all have fun out there in Thailand!

https://www.facebook.com/thiru.maaran

#60 Posted: 28/9/2011 - 20:43

• StephJayne1-

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Booked my flights today! I arrive on the 11th December and leave 10th January, so excited but so nervous at the same time!
    Sophie - I may be in Phuket same time as you, just trying to iron out the finer details of getting from place to place. You travelling to anywhere else in Thailand? Feel free to add me on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Stephjayne165 :)

#61 Posted: 29/9/2011 - 04:10

• Scott1985

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2011

Hey everybody,

I'm Scott and I'm a 25 year old traveling from the U.S alone. I'm going to be in Thailand for 4 weeks starting Dec 14th when I get to Bangkok. I'm planning on heading down to Ko Phangan on Dec 16th. I'll prob spend at minimum a week between Ko Phangan and Ko Tao scuba diving and partying. I'll be in Ko Phi Phi for New Years and maybe spend some time in Phuket before I get there on the 27th. After that I'll prob just see what happens. Anyways it'd be awesome to meet up with some cool, fun loving folks so PM me or facebook me. Cheers!
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=43800418

#62 Posted: 29/9/2011 - 09:52

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hey folks, just add me if you like, I'll add you to the group. :)

We've gone from travelling alone - to travelling with around 15 people, and partying on the train to the FMP!!
    Roll on December!

#63 Posted: 29/9/2011 - 19:16

• TedTsang

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2011

Hey Guys!
    Travelling with my mate (both 25/m) from Wiltshire, arriving 20th December for 4 weeks! Planning to stay in Bangkok for a couple of nights and experience the city life!

Just wondering what you guys are planning to do over christmas?

Planning to party hard on NYE FMP, is it a good idea to book our accommodation before we get out there?!

Be good to hear from you guys and meet up for a few beers or buckets!!

PM me or add me on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/TedTsang6

#64 Posted: 1/10/2011 - 06:15

• sanhajao

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

Hey people, 26m out of London currently working in BKK! Travelling on my j's from the 23rd December and it seems you guys have got a great group going on with the big aim of NYE FMP!!
    Anyone heading out of Bangkok by train down south on the 23rd Dec??
    I'm hoping to meet people for xmas and NY - around Koh Samui and Phangan, 23rd Dec-5th Jan.

Cheers x

#65 Posted: 17/11/2011 - 08:01

• Froto

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

Hi Everyone,

My name is Aaron. I'm 23/M from Minnesota. Ill be in Thailand on Dec 21st till Jan 13th. I was traveling with a friends but he had to back out so now I'm traveling there alone. None of my plans are set in stone and would love to meet up. Also I would take any advice as this is my first trip to Thailand.

Add or PM me on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/Floppy.froto

#66 Posted: 17/11/2011 - 11:55

• IHateHulkHo-
    gan

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2011

27 M from California,traveling alone...Ill be touching down in Bangkok on the 28th of Nov...I hate Hulk Hogan and I expect you too,also lol

here's my facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001546189642

#67 Posted: 17/11/2011 - 18:00

• JShowCDN

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2011

Hey Speedymeany

Ill be landing in Bangkok on the 7th of Dec and leaving in Jan, havent really made plans but def want to check out chaing mai and chaing rai. Then want to get to koh phangan for new yrs(full moon party). I will be travelling alone so if you want a travel partner...

Heres my facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=662875091

#68 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 22:16

• JShowCDN

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2011

Hey Sophie
    My name is Joe, I hail from Canada lol. Will be in Thailand on Dec 7th. I am kind of nervous of traveling alone(first time). Wanting to hit up the north first before going south what were your plans?

#69 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 23:03

• lamby2310

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

Hey Guys

my name is Micky, from Cambridge, England

Travelling out to Bangkok alone on the 6th December.

My only plans currently are to spend more time in Phi Phi/Samui/Koh Tao

Ive done parts of Thailand previously so know which parts are a worth a visit

Would love to hear from anyone who has similar thoughts/times/dates

The more the merrier

#70 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 05:06

• StephJayne1-

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Hi Guys,
    I'm arriving 10th Dec and going straight up to Chiang Mai, if anyone's going to be about round there at same sort of time as me would be good to meet up. First time travelling on my own and I'm starting to get a bit nervous! Feel free to add me on facebook - www.facebook.com/stephjayne165

#71 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 05:25

• lamby2310

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

How long and via which transport are u making your way to Chiangmai? U can fly for about 40 pound

#72 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 05:40

• StephJayne1-

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Yeah, I'm flying up from Bangkok, only booked outbound flight as not too sure when I'm going to stay. Are you planning on heading north at all?

#73 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 05:59

• lamby2310

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

What date will u be flying to Chiangmai and where do u plan to go after? Where did u book your flight and how much? Lots of questions, sorry

#74 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 06:05

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

For those of you who will be there from Jan. - April Join this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/176042639153469/
    There's a link to the FMP page as well.

#75 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 06:35

• JShowCDN

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2011

would flying be worth it?

#76 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 10:39

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

I'm more of a fan of the night train myself :)

#77 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 11:12

• Jakey777

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

Hey my names Jake, I land on the 1st of December in Bangkok and plan to stay for 4/5 days and see what happens. I am on kho pnangnan for the Xmas and NYE full moon parties and just seeing who is going to be about for a beer or two whether in Bangkok or other places.

Hope to share a beer with some of you very soon; if not then save travels people.

#78 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 19:01

• jonnymac

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2011

Hey everybody,

I went to the full moon party last year and it was epic. If you want a nice place to stay go to Haad Tian resort, really affortable accom and private beach. It's about 25 min cab to Haad Rin but well worth it. It's better to stay away from Haad Rin when the party is on due to theft and that usual garbage that goes on there. The people at Haad Tian treat you like gold and it's only like 200 baht each for the cab to and from the party.

Have fun, wish I was there the same time not able to get there until April this year.

Cheers,

Jonny Mac

#79 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 19:15

• Jakey777

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

jonnymac, haad tian resort is where im staying, booked it from the 21st til the 2nd of Jan. Looks nice, i presume you have stayed there before?

#80 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 19:19

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hi Jakey777
    Add me on FB - I've started a group from this forum, and there's about 25 of us that were originally travelling alone, that are now meeting up there!! :)

https://www.facebook.com/suzif1

#81 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 01:48

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Jakey,

Yep we are all in a group on fb and are heading down together on 21st but wil be on KP on 23rd. I'll be at the Traingle Lodge in ban tai area and come join us for some drinks. I'll post up a thai phone number when i get one (heading there around 14th dec to bkk) so you can also contact me if its easier (for those people like me that dont have smart fones and dont use the internet every day :op )

Jenny Palmer on fb

#82 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 02:25

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

A lot of you still need to enable the private message option on your profile or else people won't be able to contact you...

#83 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 08:00

• Jakey777

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2011

Hey Rita_Z and JenP cheers for getting back to me, sounds like you have been busy gathering people haha. I have found you Rita_Z but Jenny there are quite a few Jenny Palmer's on facebook; there are also hundreds of Jake Taylor's too!! What is your profile picture? that's probably the easiest way of finding you.

Look forward to seeing what plans you have made etc.

x

#84 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 08:38

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Jakey,

Yep there are an awful lot of me!!

I have blonde hair and am sitting down wearing a purple t-shirt and beige pants. or you can look me up in the group we made, i talk a lot on the board there! hehe. x

#85 Posted: 25/11/2011 - 01:48

• anordinaryjo

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2011

Amazing that people are still going to Bangkok now, in spite of the potential dangers there from the months of heavy flooding. A city of 10 million people much of which under more than a meter of water for months, sewage backing up into the street, garbage in that city which normally produces 8,000 tons of waste daily uncollected, all cooking in the 95degree plus heat, can produce some of the scariest diseases know to man. Already there are reports of people infected with leptospirosis, a bacterial infection spread in water contaminated with rat urine. Google Bangkok disease flooding to get even a small idea of how bad it is, and it will only get worse. Add to all that the crocodiles, king cobras, green mambas, and various poisonous vipers that all floated out of the many tourist attraction animal farms now swimming around in the water filled streets, and you have a recipe for a true nightmare holiday. The last thing Thailand needs is people coming here unawares, catching some horrible disease, and bringing that contagion to other countries.

#86 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 01:34

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

I emailed someone at Wat Po and they have told me that it's all pretty normal in BKK and that most things are open and up and running as usual. Which is why i am still going to go. I could be wrong, and i am sure there are some areas that are still very bad, but i am going going to take the risk myself so that i can do my course :o)

#87 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 02:00

• anordinaryjo

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2011

Pretty normal? A million plus people still can't get back into their homes, the swollen Chao Phrya River is still flowing right through Bangkok, the cleanup process is so daunting a task, i.e. the waste, the dangerous mold and diseases issues that the politicians here are already talking about abandoning Bangkok as the capitol, and someone at Wat Po said things are pretty normal? Wow!!!

#88 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 02:12

• sanhajao

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

I'm working out here at the moment and yes the north of the city is fcuked but it's still not preventing the guys getting to work! For those travelling to BKK, it would seem odd to travel in to the flooding areas so if you've got a any common sense, you'll stay away from it. The main airport, the city centre and the areas close to the river are operating as normal. I can vouch for that as i've been around the business district and it's hustle and bustle non-stop. If there is such a risk of disease (which I am not saying there isn't as a result of flooding) then I would expect residents to be more careful about their daily lives (more dustmasks, fully clothed, minimizing contact with other people etc.). The only flooding I have seen is close to the banks of the Chao Phrya (which i'll admit is dangerously swollen) but even still, people are setting up their market stalls and going about their daily business with the few cms of water around them. Sand bags are everywhere in the city but in most places it is just as precaution. Also, i've been here since 12th Nov, and not one drop of rain. Politicians saying to abandon BKK... pretty ludicrous statements! If they abandon Bangkok, they would risk sending the country into oblivion. Not going to happen.

#89 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 03:08

• anordinaryjo

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2011

The gov't's whole info response to the flooding crisis has been exactly that-ludicrous! One official saying Bangkok won't be touched, another moments later talking about the need to evacuate areas. It's been a very sad joke. They are seriously talking about setting up the capitol elsewhere, and I don't really see how that would send the country into oblivion, other countries have done it. But it sounds to me like panic, which has been one side of the coin of how this has been dealt with all along. The other side has been "sabai-sabai"-all is well.
    As to the stalls being set up, and people going about their business, it's not like they have a choice. For many, having had no income for a month or more, added to the cost of relocating to more expensive digs, the threat of diseases unheard of before is nothing compared to starving. But to think that locals "getting back to business as normal" as an indicator that it's safe to come here, is an interesting leap in logic.
    This is now the dry season, so it's not a question of rain. It's simple logistics-the swollen river has to get to the sea, and that's water from as far north as Chiang Mai. This is why the flood isn't over yet.

#90 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 03:28

• appledance

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

Traveling alone in thailand between Dec 27-Jan 5. I'm like the ONLY person who probably doesn't want to go to Ko Phangan for NYE :\

NYE is my favorite party ever but it doesn't feel the same without my friends. Plus being alone I don't want to risk not having accommodation or having to worry about pissed drunk people that I don't enjoy myself.

I dont have any fixed plans but tentatively it looks like I'm going to do:

Phuket > Ko Phi Phi (NYE here) > Ko Lipe > Ko Turatao

Ko Phi Phi may not be that different, probably crowded with party animals too, but I'm okay with that. I really want to go to Ko Lipe and Turatao Park.

Thought about Ko Lanta

if anybody out there have something similar in mind and looking for a travel buddy, hit me up:
    facebook.com/khadijah latiff

#91 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 11:35

• JShowCDN

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2011

How safe Khao San Road at the moment? only going to be in Bangkok for 2 days hopefully no more

#92 Posted: 5/12/2011 - 14:01

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Why would it be unsafe?

#93 Posted: 5/12/2011 - 15:45

• Richie_78

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Alright guys, arriving in Bangkok on the 30th December by myself. Never been to Thailand before so planning on spending a good few days exploring Bangkok. Planing on heading north after that and exploring Laos and Cambodia. Looking for fellow travelers who are up for hanging out together.

#94 Posted: 7/12/2011 - 06:42

• Froto

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

Hi Richie
    Ill be heading back to bangkok from the islands on 2nd January. From there im going to be headed to Ubon to visit a friend that lives there. Im not sure when you are heading that way. If you have facebook add me.

https://www.facebook.com/Floppy.froto

#95 Posted: 7/12/2011 - 07:28

• travelingkay

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

hia all..

Im in thailand from the 17th Dec to 30th Jan - its my first time in backpacking thailand, so am looking forward to it :)

in Bangkok for a few days, and then off island hopping till 5th Jan (booked into koh lanta from 5th to 15th). After the 15th am thinking about heading to Chang Mai /Pai for abut 10days before heading back to Bangkok before flying out.. New years for me is going to be in Koh Chang, i think (the full moon party hotels are asking for 10days minimum stay if not booked with the full moon package trip and that is too expensive for me)

let me know if anyone is up for meeting up and traveling around thailand.. I see there is a FB group.. Can i join too?

See some of you perhaps on a beach somewhere :)

#96 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 03:07

• travelingkay

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

ohh, and im 28/m travelling alone for a bit before joining up with some friends for koh lanta and chang mai after new years.. if anyone is interested you are more than welcome to join in [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

PS: i dont know my FB id (not amazing with computers) so just search Kayzad Kaikobad - i doubt there is anyone else with that name, but just in case my picture is of me in the mountains..

#97 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 03:30

• Rita_Z

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

Hi folks,

Add me of FB - https://www.facebook.com/#!/suzif1

I set up a group and can add you to it. :)

#98 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 11:39

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

All set and ready to go :-)) will be walking around KSR from 20th onwards,if any one around same dates buzz me !! Planning on heading to Koh phangan for NYE!!!

27/M
    Aj

#99 Posted: 10/12/2011 - 23:32

• sanhajao

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

Aj... hook yourself up with the facebook group! I think a lot of plans cross over those dates!
    Chris S
    Peace & Love!

#100 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 01:17

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

Pal I would love to !!!
    Wheres the link ????

Thanks pal.

#101 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 01:25

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

Hey guys/girls,

Please do add me in your group. will be walking around KSR on the 21st of Dec and traveling down to Phangan !!!

Facebook Add- https://www.facebook.com/arun.mahendran

#102 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 01:42

• JenP

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey arundown,

I'm there on tues and a lot of us have the train booked for the 21st. But you are welcome to join us for drinks/dinner/whatever on the 20th. :o)

Jen

#103 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 08:03

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

Hey Jen,

Great!! I'll be more than happy to catch you guys on the 20th,Well I might leave BKK on the the 23rd and travel down south!!!

#104 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 16:25

• sanhajao

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

arundown, bro get yourself on the night train from Bangkok to Surat Thani on the 23rd. Leaves Bangkok 19:30 on the 23rd.
    Already a crew of us on that journey!
    Safe!

#105 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 08:11

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

awesome, I'm in the process of booking the tickets.I have already made reservations via thaitrainticket.com . Now awaiting their response !! You guys in 2nd class sleepers ??

#106 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 08:41

• sanhajao

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011

2nd class sleeper yeahhh buddyyy!!! on fb... Chris Sanhaji... i'm in the fb group.

#107 Posted: 12/12/2011 - 18:13

• Ranjkaile

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2011

Hi All,
    It looks like I'm well late planning my trip!
    I arrive on 26 December and will be in heading downto Koh Phangan around the 29 December after spending a couple of days inBangkok. I’m about to book a hotel but my chances of getting anywhere on Phangan areslim so might have to book up in Ko Samui and then get the boat over over forNYE...Is that a good idea?
    It would be great to meet up with you all but I mayhave left it too late!
    My FB link is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540352173or PM me please!!!
    Cheers
    Ranj

#108 Posted: 22/12/2011 - 16:01

• eh626637

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2011

Traveling with five girls from New York! We will be in Bangkok the 27th then FMP the 29th...We are in SEAsia til February! No plans besides Chiang Mai at some point!!

Friend/Message me: http://www.facebook.com/eh626637

#109 Posted: 22/12/2011 - 21:53

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

There's no FMP on the 29th? It isn't the full moon - lol

#110 Posted: 22/12/2011 - 22:03

• alxmoore27

Joined Travelfish
    25th December, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi all, newb here. Travelling with my brother atm but he's leaving for England on the 2nd of Jan after FMP on Phanghan, wondered if anyone wanted to meet up/head somewhere from the 2nd to the 18th ish! I've travelled Koh Tao, Chaing Mai, Krabi, Koh Lanta in the summer and have just come from Koh Phi Phi and Bangkok, would happily do some of them again and never know it could help being in some of the locations with someone that (kind of!) knows their way around!

have literally no plans as yet from the 2nd of Jan after Full Moon so would be cool to head somewhere new with some likeminded travellers up for some exploring, some partying and some culture :)

add me up on facebook if you get a chance as i check it pretty routinely, hope to speak to some of you soon!

Alex
    http://www.facebook.com/jmooore

#111 Posted: 25/12/2011 - 21:07

• alxmoore27

Joined Travelfish
    25th December, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

oh sorry, as well i'm a 22/m from Wiltshire in England living in Leeds

#112 Posted: 25/12/2011 - 21:08

• Kumar

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2011

Travelling with some friends for the FMP.(30th-31st-1st)

If there is some pre/post party meet-ups..do let us know..

If anyone has any plans for scuba..any place other than similan please share your travelentures..

https://www.facebook.com/Saswat.Sahu

#113 Posted: 26/12/2011 - 07:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.