Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Lamai beach resorts

• newbie419

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2007

Hey all...
    I'm travelling to Koh Samui for 8 days in August and staying at Maenamburi in Maenam for 4 and Lamai for 4. Right now its between SandSea resort and Lamai Wanta. I already have a deposit (non refundable) at SandSea, but reviews of Lamai Wanta are spectacular and I'm considering jumping ship and losing my deposit. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advise on the matter?? SandSea looks like a fun pool/bar area... does anyone know if Wanta has a bar by the pool? We are a married couple - 30 yrs w/no kids. A good beach is a must as well. We are looking to spend 1000-2000 baht/night and are considering Lamai Wanta Standard Hotel room. any advice/details would be much appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 5/2/2007 - 21:19

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi 419,

I haven't stayed at Sand Sea so cannot comment on that property. Lamai Wanta was a great value for us and we really enjoyed our stay there. I think you've already seen the review we wrote.

Lamai Wanta has a poolside restaurant that does serve drinks to people at the pool. But it is more of a drink service than a poolside bar atmosphere. There are also many vendors who will come right up to the wall separating the beach and the pool, so you can buy food, drink and bling if you'd like, or not be bothered if you don't. The beach out in front of Lamai Wanta is good and wasn't particularly crowded. We also made full use of the several beach bars that pop up after dark just down the sand from Lamai Wanta. Lamai Wanta is a good central location and only a short walk from several decent massage places and the rest of the Lamai nightlife scene. Regards.

#2 Posted: 5/2/2007 - 22:33

• newbie419

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2007

Thanks exacto! There's actually now another contender in the mix... Bayview Resort in North Lamai... anyone have any experience with this resort?

#3 Posted: 7/2/2007 - 08:48

• newbie419

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2007

Okay, I'm up for all advice. What do people reccomend for places to stay on Samui? Looking for a mid-range - 1000-2500 baht or so. I'm tending towards Lamai or quieter spots on Chawang, but would like to hear all suggestions.
    Thanks!

#4 Posted: 7/2/2007 - 19:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Langham Place Samui at Lamai Beach ... By lho on 4 Dec 2009 1 2165 17 Dec 2009
Monthly Accommodation Lamai Beach Koh Samiu ... By guernseydan on 1 Jan 2011 0 2315 1 Jan 2011
A new boutique resort, Langham Place Samui at Lamai Beach ... By wilcoyeung on 4 Sep 2009 0 2116 4 Sep 2009
Beach Resorts in Philippines ... By panlou on 29 Jul 2010 10 5435 26 Aug 2012
Please tell me which resorts are on the beach in Phuket? ... By RickWarren on 12 Nov 2012 3 1625 14 Nov 2012