Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best place for PADI Certification on Koh Tao?

• teekay

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2011

I have never been scuba diving, but am looking into getting my PADI certification on Koh Tao in October. Was hoping I could get some recommendations on what people view as the best place in terms of overall services provided and bang for your buck!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 30/8/2011 - 07:43

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

There are plethora of diveshops on Koh Tao with relatively equal quality level. You can select one from official PADI listing:
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/locate-a-padi-dive-shop/default.aspx?addr=koh%2Btao
    I have personal experiance with CrystalDive and can recommend it.

But please be advised that October is not the best time to visit Koh Tao. Monsoon season usually begin in November in the Gulf of Thailand, but last few years heavy rains and strong winds hit Koh Tao in October, causing ferry service problem.

#2 Posted: 30/8/2011 - 14:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
PADI Diving Certification in the Philippines ... By jellis on 28 Jan 2014 1 808 20 Mar 2014