Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Which islands?

• joinfant

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2011

Hi all,

I am traveling around Asia, doing a 1-month long trip. My final destination will be the islands in the south of Thailand, where I will be around the mid of September. Looking at your website, I know I must focus on the islands on the east coast, since this is not the best moment to go to the west because of the weather. I am considering to go to 2 islands in total, but I am not sure which one I should choose. I am interesting in visiting some great beaches with an amazing view and hopefully some good night life. Ko Samui seems to be too much overdeveloped, but I am not sure if KPP and Ko Tao offer the same beautifull sightseeings. Can you give me some advice please?

Thanks!

Jose

#1 Posted: 31/8/2011 - 10:36

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Slightly better chance of good weather on those lower gulf islands you mention, but be aware September can be rainy just about anywhere in Thailand. Anyway if Samui seems too developed (I agree) then Ko Phangan is a good alternative. Just avoid busy Hat Rin and head for the upper west coast (Si Thanu, Had Yao, Had Salat, Mae Had) the north coast (Chalok Lam or Bottle Beach) down the east side (Thong Nai Pan is pretty busy but not crazy, then quiter coves like Than Sadet and Ao Thian).

#2 Posted: 31/8/2011 - 19:59

• joinfant

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2011

Great, thanks for the advice!

About Ko Phangan, how does it compare to Ko Tao? how are the beaches there? I am thinking about staying in Ko Samui and Ko Phangan, 3 days in each one, but I am not sure if I should forget about Ko Samui and change my plan, staying only in Ko Phangan and Ko Tao.

Thanks again for your help!

#3 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 08:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.