Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

The Price Is Right - Hot Tips For Accommodation in Bangkok on NYE Anyone?

• rubytuesday

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011

Hey there!

Have been reading A LOT on this website and many others but cannot figure where would be best to stay over NYE 2011/12 in Bangkok.

I have given away my dream of staying at Phra-Nakron Norn-Len because we want to try to save as much $$ as possible!!
    So...

* Looking for a private room for a couple (don't mind if it's a shared bathroom but ensuite would be a bonus).
    * Pool would be amazing but really after something as budget as possible so not expecting one (want to spend about $7AUD to $12AUD per night per person) so not expecting a pool, just would be cool is all.
    * Other bonuses would be towels and linen provided, air-con, a small fridge or an in-room safe but we can do without all these if the price is right.
    * WE WANT SOMEWHERE CLEAN!!

I found many $15AUD per night, per person places but we don't think it will be worth the money! The reviews look average on trip advisor!

One place we were looking at is Suksawad Hotel...cos it's real cheap!

If anyone has tips or has stayed at Suksawad, please let me know!!

#1 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 13:58

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

This place is great and clocks in under $22 AUD for an a/c room with bathroom. There's no "per person" nonsense here. They provide towels, sheets, etc. Everything's taken care of.

http://www.ktguesthouse.com/

It may not be a great place for first-time visitors as it is located so far away from many of the main sites in Bangkok, as well as places one may want to be at during NYE. It's not in an area that's convenient to the big shopping areas, but it's close to the subway and some excellent food markets including a great night market area. It's a place that's popular with old-timer backpacker types (like exacto and me), people who are in Bangkok for business, and families. The rooms are spacious and spotless and, yep, there's a very nice, clean pool. Excellent value.

If you want something a bit funkier and closer to the action, river, main temples, cool markets, etc. I stayed in this place last winter ...

http://www.shantilodge.com/page/shanti-bangkok

It gets mixed reviews, but I found it to be very good for the money, as well. The location is excellent ... very close to the river and the Chao Phraya River Express boat pier, interesting markets, and pretty much everything else you'll need or want. It's in a small neighbourhood off of Samsen Road. Very cool, but no pool.

#2 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 23:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.