Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Towels in guesthouses?

• AndreaGS

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2007

Do most of the guesthouses and hotels in Thailand provide towels? My boyfriend and I are in the process of packing, and both of us are wondering whether or not we should pack a towel.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/2/2007 - 07:02

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey Andrea,

As Towlie says, "It's always good to bring a towel." More and more guest houses in Thailand are providing towels, but you should still take a light-weight towel with you for those times you don't get a towel, need an extra towel, or don't want to use the towel you are given. ;-) Plus, towels can double as light blankets or wraps on an a/c bus or train, etc. You'll definitely need a towel if you are planning a trip to the beach. If you don't want to pack a towel, you can buy a light-weight one in BKK once you arrive. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 7/2/2007 - 07:27

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Don't bother packing one. There's no point in bringing one along. Like Exacto says, more and more guest houses are providing towels (this is quite new, I should add ... before this was an extreme rarity and one that was restricted to high end digs). If you check into a place and find that there are no towels, and that none can be provided, then just go out and buy one (as mentioned above). They are everywhere in the markets and are quite cheap. Then, when it's time to come home, chuck it. One less thing to carry back with you.

I use a sarong. They roll up small and dry very quickly.

#3 Posted: 7/2/2007 - 09:32

• AndreaGS

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2007

Thanks for the advice! I'll skip the towels then. Towlie really does give the best advice, doesn't he?

#4 Posted: 8/2/2007 - 00:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.