Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Stop of between KL and Bangkok.

• Gorey

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3

Hello there, my parents are off on a trip and after they're done in Malaysia they're heading up to Bangkok. My mum wants to fly and my dad wants to take the train, mum will only agree if they can stop atleast once for a day or two.

I don't have much experience in southern Thailand so I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations.

Places they can get off the train and on again a day or two later without much fuss. They aren't the island beachy sort rather a nice town to walk around in the evening and a couple interesting places to visit during the day. I was thinking Nakhon Si Thammarat but other than that no idea.

Thanks for any suggestions (will make the insessant phone calls easier).

#1 Posted: 5/9/2011 - 03:40

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd recommend either Ban Saphan Yai, or Prachuap Khiri Khan. Nice towns!

#2 Posted: 5/9/2011 - 09:33

• kat_thailand

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

i suggest nakhon si thammarat... especially khanom beach... quiet long beaches nice markets and some national parks very close by

#3 Posted: 7/9/2011 - 19:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.