Thailand forum

Where to stay for FMP November??!

• verityandsc-
    ott

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Thailand for a month in November and we're starting out with the big FMP - it does have to be done after all doesn't it??

We are stuck however with deciding if we should stay on Ko Pha-Ngan or stay on Ko Samui and just pop over for the party as it were. We're only planning on spending 5 days around these islands and want to make the most it :)

Budget etc doesn't really matter (within reason!!) as it's our 1st week we just want to make the most of it! Any help would be very much appreciated thank you, and any further advice in regards to 'must see and dos' would be great also!

V&S x

#1 Posted: 6/9/2011 - 05:14

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

If I had to choose I would stay on Koh Phangan. But I am not a big fan of Koh Samui. As well, it will be monsoon season and if the sea is rough you will not be able to get to the FMP from Samui.

#2 Posted: 6/9/2011 - 09:37

• Speedymeany

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2011
    Location Singapore

Yeah, stay in Koh Phangan. Beats being in Koh Samui and not being able to get across. Besides, Koh Samui is kinda boring imo. If you need a good place, Neptune's Villas is real good! I was there last June and it was an awesome experience.

#3 Posted: 12/9/2011 - 22:05

• ChowChow

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2011

Has anyone booked accommodation on Koh Phangan via phangan.info?

Is it an ok website to use?

Also Black & White Bungalows. Anyone know anything about them. I booked it but can't find much info on the net re the bungalows.

#4 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 18:04

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"if we should stay on Ko Pha-Ngan or stay on Ko Samui and just pop over for the party"

Definitely stay on Ko Phangan and allow some leeway for getting on/off the island if weather gets stormy (boats have crashed, people have drowned the day after FMP when overloaded with hungover people in stormy seas). Usually better chance of good weather down the west coast in November.

#5 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 23:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.