Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Backpackthailand.com

• butzyp00

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2011

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows/or as been on backpackthailand.com tours. Am looking at doing the 5 day full moon party tour. Am Travelling by myself for 6 weeks around south east asia and am a bit nervous to go to a full moon all alone - thought as part of a tour or group would be better. Am a 24y/o single female traveller.

Kate

#1 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 07:00

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I honestly don't get that thing. It has name cache, but traveling all the way to Thailand to go to a party with a bunch of westerners? You can do that at home. If I were you I would skip it as well. A woman, alone at a big party, lot of drinking going on... I'm sure it's pretty safe, but still... Of course, that's just my take and there are some here on Travelfish who have been there. They can advise you better.

#2 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 09:31

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Check the companions forum on this site: http://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/travelcompanions

I recently saw some posts of other singles wanting to go there or post yourself. You might hook up with a few others. I don't think a group tour is necessary just for that.

Have fun

#3 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 09:48

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

i can't comment on that particular tour company, but i've had good experiences with brief bus tours in turkey, mexico, and australia. the advantage is that you have a ready-made group for hanging out, and there is that idea of safety in numbers. i wouldn't do a tour for the entire time you are in Thailand, but something at the very start might be a good way to get your legs before you head out on your own.

with each successive trip back to Thailand, i've noticed that more and more of the travellers around me are Thai. it makes me wonder if the full-moon party is still an exclusively westerner spot or if there is a good mix of local people now too. anyone know?

#4 Posted: 8/9/2011 - 11:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.