Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Backpackthailand.com

Posted by butzyp00 on 8/9/2011 at 07:00

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows/or as been on backpackthailand.com tours. Am looking at doing the 5 day full moon party tour. Am Travelling by myself for 6 weeks around south east asia and am a bit nervous to go to a full moon all alone - thought as part of a tour or group would be better. Am a 24y/o single female traveller.

Kate

#1 butzyp00 has been a member since 1/7/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by MADMAC on 8/9/2011 at 09:31

I honestly don't get that thing. It has name cache, but traveling all the way to Thailand to go to a party with a bunch of westerners? You can do that at home. If I were you I would skip it as well. A woman, alone at a big party, lot of drinking going on... I'm sure it's pretty safe, but still... Of course, that's just my take and there are some here on Travelfish who have been there. They can advise you better.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by eastwest on 8/9/2011 at 09:48

Check the companions forum on this site: http://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/travelcompanions

I recently saw some posts of other singles wanting to go there or post yourself. You might hook up with a few others. I don't think a group tour is necessary just for that.

Have fun

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by exacto on 8/9/2011 at 11:03

i can't comment on that particular tour company, but i've had good experiences with brief bus tours in turkey, mexico, and australia. the advantage is that you have a ready-made group for hanging out, and there is that idea of safety in numbers. i wouldn't do a tour for the entire time you are in Thailand, but something at the very start might be a good way to get your legs before you head out on your own.

with each successive trip back to Thailand, i've noticed that more and more of the travellers around me are Thai. it makes me wonder if the full-moon party is still an exclusively westerner spot or if there is a good mix of local people now too. anyone know?

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.