Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

flights from manchester to bangkok

• bizza75

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2007

myself and a friend are wanting to travel to thailand late november 07 and staying on for about two months, maybe more before traveling home.. i was just wondering if anyone could advise me on the best airline and tickets for this journey and any recomended stop off points on route to thailand. this is a first and hopefully my dream come true.. any advise will be much appreciated.. many thanks, bizza.

#1 Posted: 9/2/2007 - 04:29

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi Bizza,

A good site is www.opodo.co.uk, what I normally do is check that one out and then whatever comes up go to that particular airlines website and see if you can get a better deal.

The main problems will be the fluctuations in price, these vary considerably week-in week-out, it's not an exact science.

We found a flight with Turkish Airlines for £485rtn for next month which we booked back in August.

I'm sure some of our fellow TravelFishes will be along soon with other ideas.

Have fun..............

steviej

#2 Posted: 10/2/2007 - 00:01

• GussieG

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2006

I agree with steviej, opodo is a good place to start. If you register they have a fare alert service, where you enter the route you want, and they email you with any cheap fares that come up. Also worth trying the other internet sites such as travelocity.co.uk, ebookers.co.uk, and kayak.co.uk which is a comparison site for several other sites. If you wish to include some stopovers on the way, you may be better off talking to an agent such as Trailfinders, who also have access to some competitive fares, but will be able to give you some advice on route variations. Hope this helps.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2007 - 21:49

• LancasterLad

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2006

We booked through Opodo, and flew with Etihad Airways from Manchester. Excellent flights and in-flight entertainment system. Etihad's hub is Abu Dhabi, and that place was the only problem we had. Fine if you get a smooth connection, but if you get stuck there you'll end up stinking of nicotine. It's got smoking restrictions but they aren't enforced anywhere. Etihad's ground staff were also very poor. Awful place to, that put a sour ending to a great time in SE Asia.

#4 Posted: 13/2/2007 - 20:19

• bizza75

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2007

steviej, gussieg and lancasterlad can i just thank you all very much for your help and advice....

abu dhabi sounds delightful. i plan just to travelstraight to thailand avoiding the above and then see where the wind takes us. please dont hessitate to pass on the places that nearly had you ripping up that return ticket... thanks again for your imput, much appreciated.

bizza

#5 Posted: 15/2/2007 - 07:32

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

MMMmmm, ripping the return ticket scenario!!!!!

Koh Phi Phi (back in 1990)
    Langkawi
    Salar d’ Uyuni
    Boca’s del Toro
    Utila
    Nosy Be
    Maldives........................

...................................I'm one of the ''You've got to come home to go travelling again" brigade I'm afraid!!!!!

Travel? The best non-compulsory education on Earth!!

TTFN
    stevie

#6 Posted: 15/2/2007 - 07:42

• bizza75

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2007

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm am sure its comes to you all.

I must say that that is a very valid point on the coming home.

Alot of education is what i need to catch up on my friend. compulsory??? i did not know what that was in my teens. thanks again mate.

bizza

#7 Posted: 15/2/2007 - 08:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.