Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Snokeling Koh Phangan July?

• kiwigirlnz

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2011

Just wondering if anyone know what the snorkeling/sea visability is like in Phangan in July? We are tossing up between going there or to Tioman Is/Perhentian Islands in Malaysia. We enjoyed the Trang Islands (Koh Lipe, Ngai & Kradan) last December but are hoping to go somewhere with more fish and better coral! Any info would be great, thanks

#1 Posted: 27/9/2011 - 15:15

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

There is good snorkelling from Mae Haad and other beaches in the NW coast and July is a great time to do this. It is hard to comment on visibility as every year is different. But in general July is a good month.

#2 Posted: 28/9/2011 - 08:56

• kiwigirlnz

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2011

Hey, thanks for your reply. Have you snorkeled at any of the trang islands (Lipe, Kradan, Ngai or Koh Rok) or at Tioman or Perhentian Islands? Just wondering if someone can give me ideas on what has better fish life and coral.
    thanks!

#3 Posted: 29/9/2011 - 08:01

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I have not as I am not a snorkeller but from what I know you will find much better snorkelling on the Andaman coast and the Perhentians. Koh Phangan is not known for its snorkelling.

#4 Posted: 1/10/2011 - 22:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.