Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Snokeling Koh Phangan July?

Posted by kiwigirlnz on 27/9/2011 at 15:15

Just wondering if anyone know what the snorkeling/sea visability is like in Phangan in July? We are tossing up between going there or to Tioman Is/Perhentian Islands in Malaysia. We enjoyed the Trang Islands (Koh Lipe, Ngai & Kradan) last December but are hoping to go somewhere with more fish and better coral! Any info would be great, thanks

#1 kiwigirlnz has been a member since 17/8/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by guava_girl on 28/9/2011 at 08:56

There is good snorkelling from Mae Haad and other beaches in the NW coast and July is a great time to do this. It is hard to comment on visibility as every year is different. But in general July is a good month.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by kiwigirlnz on 29/9/2011 at 08:01

Hey, thanks for your reply. Have you snorkeled at any of the trang islands (Lipe, Kradan, Ngai or Koh Rok) or at Tioman or Perhentian Islands? Just wondering if someone can give me ideas on what has better fish life and coral.
thanks!

#3 kiwigirlnz has been a member since 17/8/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by guava_girl on 1/10/2011 at 22:45

I have not as I am not a snorkeller but from what I know you will find much better snorkelling on the Andaman coast and the Perhentians. Koh Phangan is not known for its snorkelling.

#4 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.