Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Traveling to Thailand Oct 21 - Dec 21

• Lou27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2011

Hey Everyone,

27 yo male traveling to Thailand for the first time in October until December 21.

Going to start 3 days in Bangkok then head to Chiang Mai for a while, then south to the beaches.

Anybody traveling during this time want to meet up?

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 28/9/2011 - 23:03

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

"Anybody traveling during this time want to meet up?"

Millions of tourists will be in Thailand during this time.

Besides the obvious places, like bars, where men meet women and other tourists, you will also meet tourists on tours. In Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai , you can sign up for tours through local travel agencies. On these tours most of the time they use smaller 9 or 10 passenger vans. You meet people on those vans.

For Bangkok you might consider a hotel in the Sukhumvit area. In that area you will find hotels at various prices as well as good restaurants. Also, malls, street vendors, nightlife and travel agencies for tours. One advantage of this area over other areas (like Khao San Road) is the use of the Skytrain. That is an overhead rail service that connects many important sections of Bangkok. Including Ekamai bus terminal, subway for the ride to the Hualamphong train station, as well as connect with the Airport Rail Link. The trains run from 0600 to midnight.

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

For Chiang Mai taking the overnight sleeper train is popular. If you want this berth get the ticket as soon as possible. Those sleeper cars sell out quickly.

Anytime you need hotel recommendations also say what your budget is like. Most likely someone can suggest a place that fits your budget.

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 30/9/2011 - 02:22

• Lo87

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey,

I will be flying into Bangkok on the 16th Oct and then spending 3 weeks or so around central/northern thailand. If we are around the same place/same time then I'd be up for meeting up. Send me a message and let me know your plans x

#3 Posted: 1/10/2011 - 17:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.