Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

January Koh Phanang

• traceyt109

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2011

Hi
    We are heading to Koh PhangNan from Jan 4-10 so will be there for the full moon party and at the height of the peak season (its a little crazy but counting on some fun in the sun) We definately want to go to the full moon party however want to stay somewhere other than Haad Rin so that before and after we have a place to escape and relax. Can someone recomend a beach which is relatively close?
    I have had a brief look into the beaches east of Haad Rin (Haad Yao and Haad Yuan) though they are only accessible via long tail. Is it possible to stay there and then get a long tail to and back from the FMP?
    Also how far away is Bottle beach to Had Rin? What are the roads like? Sorry I know this is a million questions! I stayed at Had Rin 10 years ago when I was 20 and it was great, though a little wary of how things have probably changed a thousand fold since then (including my own stamina for big crowds and massive parties!).
    We have in mind to pre book our accommodation however is it possible smaller/ budget places further up the Island may be available? (as no online booking for these kind of places)
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 2/10/2011 - 09:31

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

There will be longtails to and from the FMP from all of the beaches along the SE coast.
    Bottle Beach is quite far and not really accessible by road. But there will be boats to/from as well

If you want a beach far away that is relaxing and accessible by road have a look at Thong Nai Pan Yai and Haad Sadet. Both of these are on the NE coast and great places to stay.

As for booking, at that time of year you definately want to pre book. Many of the smaller places can be booked by email. If you have a place in mind let me know and I may be able to get an email address for you

#2 Posted: 3/10/2011 - 08:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.